WE Buy Gold Stop Spamming!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suppose I was talking to a spam bot? he's gone now, looks like Noxx anti spam deleted all the post...

I deleted them.

There is no anti spam, and these guys are damned hard to stop. The other board I moderate was forced to go to approved registration to avoid spamming. That worked almost 100%. Once in a blue moon we get spammed by someone that's a complete moron, but they're gone instantly. Noxx may well have to do the same thing here. A moderator can spend a lot of time chasing these guys.

Harold

Thanks for the effort Harold & everyone else that keeps this forum going. It's bad enough I'm on dial up, but haveing to wade through extra's doesn't help me to get off in under 2 hours just to see what's new. Have a great day. allan

Thanks, Allan.

Trust me, I fully understand about a dial-up. I hook up routinely @ 26.4 kbps, and I have no options of anything faster due to my location. The only thing I can hope for is new technology.

This damned computer reminds me of a horse and buggy rig. Maybe we're just spoiled from all our excesses, eh?

Harold

Satellite with upload and download over the air as opposed to the old style where the upload was through the phone line.

Many people have that where my father lives (Provincial park) it's about he same cost as High speed (49.99-99.99 a month)

Gotrek said:
Satellite with upload and download over the air as opposed to the old style where the upload was through the phone line.

Many people have that where my father lives (Provincial park) it's about he same cost as High speed (49.99-99.99 a month)

That's a lot of money for someone that lives on SS----a price I am unwilling to pay. Crazy as it may appear, I have a fondness for eating---and taking my few required meds. I'd hate to give up either one of them so my computer ran faster.

Harold

Harold_V said:
Gotrek said:

That's a lot of money for someone that lives on SS----a price I am unwilling to pay. Crazy as it may appear, I have a fondness for eating---and taking my few required meds. I'd hate to give up either one of them so my computer ran faster.

Harold

Never Mind being on SS. I have a decent job in IT and my bank account was -12$ this AM with no foolish spending(no internet, no TV, no Radio, no phone at my residence) and a small mortage (by todays standards). then again I have no loans appart from my mortage and no credit cards. What I do have is an ex-girlfriend (common law wife) :)

I'm a very disconnect individual and I love it that way. Kids don't though.

You're a wise man, and I appreciate your candor. Anyone that allows recurring debts (it's "only" $xx per month) to be a normal part of their life style is bound to be broke for their entire life. One does not get ahead by paying interest, nor for unnecessary services. There is no cable TV in my life----and I refuse to pay for TV that runs any advertising. Pay to watch advertising? I'd rather hit my thumb with a hammer.

The only justifiable debt is one's house payment. Buying a car on credit is one of the stupidest things a person can do. I paid cash for the last five I purchased, and that includes my 1 ton Dodge Cummins cube van. It's amazing, the difference in actual cost. I also remember the day when I had no choice but to live on credit.

I may have made it sound far worse than the reality. I could afford the price, I simply refuse to pay it. Just like the meds prescribed for my slightly elevated blood pressure. I take the one that was first prescribed. It's a generic (Lisinopril), very commonly dispensed for the condition-------but it makes many people cough----it's one of the recognized side effects. There are other meds that apparently do not. Wal*Mart fills my prescription for $4/month, but they don't, or won't do that with others, which can range up to $2/pill. I take the cheap one and cough. Not that I prefer coughing-------I simply will not support pharmaceutical companies that are selling products at hugely inflated prices. I didn't earn my early retirement by throwing money away

Harold

I know what your saying, I've bought all my cars in cash as well. They are old but well maintained and I thouroughly love the comfort and build quality as opposed to new vehicle. I'm with you on the medecine side too.

Back