Weird Microwave Parts - need process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

My guess is that base metal is copper, seeing as they are mounted to a piece of 1/4" copper, and the only reason to use metal that thick is heat. They are out of a microwave based radio amplifier.

Best method to me, given their size, seems that it would just be digest in nitric, and continue along.

Images will come from phone.

69052560eb2d4d3d4761f0e095f97fdf.jpg

3ade38460d011667144d06246132908c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me buy shares in the Nitric factory before you start digesting those ! :lol:

But more seriously, lots of base metal + small amount of gold = Sulfuric Cell or Cyanide Leach.

The components look to be well plated and the yield should be good, the White squares are beryllium I believe and need to be opened to reveal more gold inside. Yields from this sort of material is usually very good but care is needed when dealing with the beryllium.

I'll probably hold off on processing them for quite some time. I've got another eight or ten amplifiers...may end up with a 1/4 lb of parts total, honestly I have no clue. It's hard to guess weights based upon tiny parts adding up.

Latest posts

Back