What a pain

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean, like an ANODE? Or, An Ode, A poem meant to be sung.

Sorry, I watch too much jeopardy.

And I'm not sure if English is your first language.

anachronism said:
You guys would not believe what a pain these were to get hold of. There's an odd one out here if you look closely.

Ideas?

Are they pins for a pin mill?

-- Thipdar

Snoman.
Check my signature :)
I used the term electrode because then it is not polarity dependent.
It can be either an Anode or a Cathode :wink:

Regarding the Titanium, it can be Anodised, often with an clearly defined color.
So I used the term Un-anaodised, to empasise that it had no specific surface treatment, in this case it is most likely turned or ground, which has removed the initial oxidation from the production.

This is entertaining. I have half an idea (likely an overestimate) of what they are. My neighbor tells me he may be familiar with a precisely machined version (says he has two).

As I said, this is entertaining. I will not, however, hold my breath in anticipation.

Time for more coffee.

At first I thought they were Ti "solvent traps". If you didn't need them solid they're easy to get all day long for cheap. The people who sell them may still be willing to get them to you solid though.

Ygg has it.

Quite a few people also got it but they mentioned it in PM or on the phone but credit to Ygg for "outing" the truth haha.

They are Platinised Titanium Anodes. I'll put a pic up later tonight that shows why they were necessary as I'm sure you guys will be as stunned as I was as to their effectiveness versus other materials.

Edit: one point though Ygg. The two outer ones are plated the inner one is Ti. 8)

Jon

Hehe, I think you already told that early on :lol:
Wouldn't it be possible use plain stainless steel, since it is platinized anyway?
So they are way more effective than the Graphite ones?
Is that due to conductivity maybe, or some kind of combination of conductivity and cathalytic effect?
What are you using as cathode then?
Still the graphite/Carbon felt?

Cool anyway :D :mrgreen: :lol:

Edited for writing error :roll:

You guys would not believe what a pain these were to get hold of. There's an odd one out here if you look closely.

Ideas?

I have the same prob as jon -- larger scale - same problem

I only have one forklift to unload though - wish me well

little different material

happy valentines day

IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

Back