What the hell did I get myself into!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey All, I recently purchased an old chemical plant in SC. I have an operating waste water plant to process and acid waste. I have a 35,000 sq ft wharehouse and misc buildings and plenty if tanks fir storage. The plant made dyes fir years. The previous owner was kind enough to leave me about 2000 gallons of hcl and about 4500 gallons of sulfuric. Computer and electonic recycling seems like a great idea as any permits to do it are in place. Any suggestions or recommendations or ideas would be greatly appreciated. The forum has so much information it is a little overwhelming. Lazersteve has already been a great contact and help. So thanks to him for making this a friendly place. Thanks Todd

What is your regular line of work Todd ? Was the purchase of this facility specifically for this idea of opening a recycling plant ? Where is this place located at ? Helps me figure out the Epa side of it ?

Something like this could become a Epa nightmare.

Palladium,

Oh it was an EPA nightmare long before I bought it. The previous owners are on the hook for cleanup. I'm in the demolition/environmental remediation business. I just need to make sure anything I do at the site doesn't add to the current issues. I need to do something with it as I will most likely own it for a substancial amount of time. I bought it for the scrap recovery , nickel alloys and such.

Back