What to do with the fibers from burnt bga ram chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreworange

I have incinerated 1 kg of ram bga chips. I have sieved it all through a screen. I have my concentrated powder. My question is...what to do with all the fiber that's left? It makes since that some bond wires will b caught in it. Do i process it like the concentrate? With AR? Should i burn them more? Any advice would be awesome. I love this forum. Thanks for this wonderful place of learning.

Place all of it in a big enough container an treat it with Hcl& Bleach with heat for one hour... then test— if result is negative for gold then rinse/ til ph of 7 an dispose with trash... since it’s just the fiber solids it won’t be any different than the fiberglass a body shop throws away,, as always the chemical wastes must be property disposed of,, there are plenty threads referring to chem disposal on the forum,,,

Sorry to bring up an old post but I was wondering this exact thing.

I have incinerated 700g of RAM BGA chips where they did not come in to contact with naked flames. The ash contains the Si dies and a load of white fiber material. This fiber material is clogged up with the fine ash and stopping it going through the sieve. I took a sample and tried to burn it and it was pretty slow going but did look like a torch would reduce it to ash.

Is there a better way of treating this stuff?

Not really. Either incinerate it to ash or simply put it aside and then leach with your concentrate. It tends to go fluffy and can catch some gold wires.

Latest posts

Back