• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

who can refine 45.8 grams of 14k into a pure ingot??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Kev,
I just want to warn you about this offer !

You are asking someone you don't know to refine +700$ worth of gold.

Pick the someone carefully.

Also, think about it... 40$ for the refiner who will do the job, I don't think there are benefits to take such an offer. You must consider the chemicals cost + the time taken to refine this gold which is AT LEAST 5 hours. (Maybe Harold was faster lol) At the end, he does not get much for the time he worked...

Well this is just my two cents but be safe.

Noxx said:
(Maybe Harold was faster lol)

No, I wasn't. Fact is, there's no real shortcuts to refining. It takes a given amount of time to accomplish the task, but a great deal of the time does not require attention, so by running several batches simultaneously, you can make a profit. That's the premise on which I ran my refining business. I tried to run similar operations with many batches at a time, which seemed to work quite well. I never put limits on the amount I'd refine, so everyone got special attention and had an incentive to stay with me as a customer.

Harold

Back