Canadian Gold Buyer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm looking for a good gold buyer in canada. Somebody referred me to www.gold4cash.ca and they look solid, but perhaps somebody knows any alternative gold buyers worth checking out? Thanks.

They are probably solid, if you enjoy getting paid 45% spot.

Spot right now between $750 and $775, but within the last few hours, has shot up to $840.

From their what we pay page:

Gold Prices (NOTE I computed spot at $780)

1 to 100grams

9 karat $3.50/gram (9.40 spot, or 37%)
10 karat $4.00/gram (10.45 spot, or 38%)
14 karat $6.00 /gram (14.63 spot, or 41%)
Dental $8.00 /gram (16.72 spot, or 47.8% assumes 16k, and platinum not taken into account)
18 karat $7.50/gram (18.81 spot, or 39.9%)
22 karat $10.00 /gram (22.99 spot, or 43.5%)
23 karat $11.00 /gram (24.03 spot, or 45.7%)
24 karat $14.00/gram (25.08 spot, or 55.8%)
100 to 300 grams please add $1 more per gram than above listed prices

I LOVE use these TV and web "We pay cash for gold" sites, because I can point the people I plan on purchasing from to these websites, and tell them HOW to compute what these companies will be paying them. Then when I come in offering 60%, the purchase is very easy. The local pawn shops in my area, pay little more than these TV/Online sites.

H

* when i made the above comment, I was talking about my personal funds, not the companies. I'm sure the company would be happy with those margins also though :p

We buy high grade electronic scrap, So first step would be to assay a sample. Then incorporate some thoughts like, lot size, base metals involved, cost to refine. So basically we assay and weigh the lot, and provide a purchase price.

A friend in B.C. is just starting refining and visited Technic this summer. Sounds like he does some volume and pays 90% spot (if I recall correctly) plus an assay fee. I will report when/if he sells to them.

http://www.technic.com

cash 4 gold was just on 60 minutes or one of the similiar programs -
the show did not protray them in a favorable position.
they sent them 150 grams of 14k and recieved a check for 209 and some change. The show then called and refused the offer which they instantly doubled.

They should almost every buyer increasing the offer when the first offer was refused.

range from local buyers were 650 - 1200.

Jim

Back