What do you think of this?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou

Staff member
http://cgi.ebay.com/20-GRAMS-Scarp-Platinum-Rhodium-Palladium-flakes_W0QQitemZ320219555448QQihZ011QQcategoryZ29402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or item number 320219555448

Lou, I do not think much of that. He is new on ebay and has a 0 rating.
How would he get flakes? Looks like SS shavings to me.

But, then again I really don't know s**t about this stuff.

Jim :(

I think it is a load of crap too.

He's welcome to send me some and prove me wrong. Honestly though, you'd think he'd just be selling it to a refiner...

Lou

Key is he states that PGM content not known. Somebody will fall for that though.

Jim

Wow! What a deal! Free money!

Shipping for the 20 grams is only $25. Very reasonable if you live on Jupiter.

The only thing more depressing than auctions like this are the rubes who bid on them. They got more money than sense.

Looks like flakes from the heat shield mat. Maybe place a 10k bid, see if it gets a shill or two.

I dont like the fact that you can get a large pic - or that he didnt want you to really see what is pictured! SCAM if you ask me.

I buy and sell on Ebay in a different area and I see auctions like this in that area and they are always SCAMS!

BUYER BEWARE - 0 feedback - new ebayer - no refunds - unknown PMG's???

Glynn

Looks like a scam to me too. I sell on Ebay all the time and this auction screams scam. Plus the $25.00 shipping! That auction will not be up long, he is violating one of Ebays rules, avoiding fees by charging excessive shipping.

I sent him an email asking how he is getting the metal flakes from catalytic converters.

The auction is still going so we have yet to see the "winner" and how much they will fork over. Well, I pretty much know who is going to win :lol:

Hey that guy has 100 grams on there now with a nice low starting price of
$100.00 plus $25.00 shipping, ha.

I asked him a few question too. I am almost certain this is the stuff you find in some cats in the insulation around the honey comb. Whatever that is. I tried to disolve it in nitric once.....if I remember right, it gave no reaction. I think it must be an alloy high in chrome.
Randy

and the winning bidder is vanco1972 - $51.00 + 25 shipping. hes either the luckiest guy around 20 grams of PGM for 76.00 or he may be rather upset.

This guy has several auctions going now, hes a making money.

I saw on a Jeep site a metal substrate cat for 79.00, I bet you could get
quite a few 20gram batches out of one of them. SS steel with the PGM on it, I think they could use a lot let PGM with that because it would plate on
more efficiently?

His reply to me is that he leaches the metal flakes from cats with cls and a jewelry fire tested and told him that the PGM are there.

maybe you cat guys should email him and get his process he seems to be getting a lot of PGM he has right now over 200 grams on sale.

I do not know anything about any of this cat stuff, I just email him as asked him "how are you getting those PGM flakes from cats" and he stated he leached them with cls.

If he's that clever, why the hell isn't he selling them to a refiner for a much bigger profit?

Wow what a treat leaving negative feedback under the new ebay format.

You now have to complete a five minute survey. before leaving a neg.

Next ebay will have a telephone rep making calls to verify your reasons for leaving a neg. LOL.

Re: Cat Crumbs

Back