good ways

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

anyone have a good way to extract gold from quad flatpacks with gold edges? i have 70lbs of these chips ---without the black plastic that covers them---------
thankks for any ideas
Arthur
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

arthur kierski said:
anyone have a good way to extract gold from quad flatpacks with gold edges? i have 70lbs of these chips ---without the black plastic that covers them---------
thankks for any ideas
Arthur
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If they have solder on them soak them in some HCL to remove the solder. Then incinerate them and then crush them up with a mill. You can either run them in nitric and then in AR or go straight to AR.

Arthur,
I am open to correction but I was always sure that this black plastic on top of them is where most of gold actually is. When you try to crush some you will see thet there are some fine hair like wires in gold color - all inside that black part.

Partnor,i received this lot without the black parts----i became preocupied with your discovery----i have recuperated gold from such flatpacks (not a big lot as this) and did not notice gold threads in the plastic----if so i will return the flatpacks to the person that ask me to do the recuperation===
when i did this work before ,i had a yeald of 2to 3 grams of gold
per pound and did not notice gold in these plastic covers---thanks for the warning---
Arthur

Mi amigo
espero que esto puede ayudarlo.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4383&p=74364#p74364

Wait, people speak portuguese in Brazil, don't they? :oops: :lol:

dtectr said:
Mi amigo

I was looking for this post and pictures about 20 minutes yesterday. I guess I am getting old... :lol:

patnor1011 said:
dtectr said:
Mi amigo

I was looking for this post and pictures about 20 minutes yesterday. I guess I am getting old... :lol:
I'm no genius, I just remember posting the photo I made & back-searched my posts. Now I've given away all my secrets ! :oops: :lol:

dear friends, i extracted the gold exposed in those flatpacks(without the black tops) with a gold stipper(cianide) and got(obtained) 22,5grams of gold from 31,3kilos that is 0,718grams per kilo or0,326 grams per pound

if i get back the black top backs , i will try to obtain the gold by crushsing it and then using ar
regards
arthur
these are not the flatpacks that i once extracted 5-6grams per kilo---note : i incinerated the fibers after and treated with hno3,then ar----the result was no more gold

Back