1st time - DDR RAM fingers and AP solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since your Gold came from only foils, it was probably reasonably clean to start with and would have settled pretty well. Assuming you did a few washes, you probably have above 98% purity there very easily, probably more like 99.5% +

The washing that butcher describes becomes much more important when you recover Gold from 'dirtier' sources, where you have more base metals in the solution with the Gold.

Well done though, it is always nice to see someone just follow the process and get the result, it is astounding the number of people who do it for the first time, but decide to change the process along the way ?!?!

Now, you will probably want to be melting it into a little Gold BB, this video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GP6h7sCtiY&t=1s gives a decent overview, although it doesn't have to take anywhere near that long.

Thank you all,

I am thinking about leaving it as powder for a while. I only have a 1300c butane torch and by the looks of it will struggle so will get a MAPP torch after christmas. I will hopefully have a little rack full of test tubes of powders when I eventually get a torch (-:

Back