27 pounds. For you number guys

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silversaddle1 said:
Our shop is a level 3 disaster right now. We hardly have room to work, and the warehouse (horse barn :lol: ) is full too. I should post a pic.

You are not alone! After finally finishing the drywall in my shop I have decided to add a room to make in to a permanent lab so that I can keep the contamination contained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny. I went from a 16' x 24' shop to a 36' x 60' thinking I was going to have it made. Wrong, the business just grew with the shop. Any time I say one whisper about another building, I get the look from my wife. :x

Lol...I went from 14x20 to 24x36 but still have 30x30 at my father in laws house with my machine shop and fab equipment. And there's a 10x20 storage unit.

All the e-scrap is stored outside right now. I need to add an overhang so I can keep gaylords dry. I just can't imagine being back in the realm of having all of this on a lot measured by sq feet instead of acres!

Fortunately most of our clients ship the boards into us stripped already other wise we'd have major issues. 8)

You don't refine at all do you silversaddle? You really need to find a good refiner that will toll things like fingers and processors.

No, we don't refine anything. And I've been approched by some pretty good folks here and I have sent some gold filled stuff out with good results. I should look into it more but right now is not the time.

I can't blame you! I've moved a thousand pounds of boards in the last month. Once you grade, box, transport, etc...you don't have much time left to take apart, let alone collect!!

snoman701 said:
I can't blame you! I've moved a thousand pounds of boards in the last month. Once you grade, box, transport, etc...you don't have much time left to take apart, let alone collect!!

Yeah then take that analogy and expand it to 11,000 pounds of board per week. It gets somewhat scarey in terms of labour, overhead etc. You really don't want to be making work for yourself that you don't have to do.

Trust me...I get it. It's just me doing it. I don't strip anything, don't cut anything....nothing. Just buy grade and sell.

Thus far I have a bunch of "too good to sell", but I don't have time to process it, and won't for quite a while.

silversaddle1 said:
To good to sell. yeah, I have a shelf of that myself.

I like those shelves. I'd never sell any of this.

Attachments

• Shelf.jpg
    Shelf.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 304
UncleBenBen said:
Ooooh! What kind of pickles are those on the bottom of the door? I don't think I've ever seen that lid before, and I'm a pickle freak!!

Ben,
OK it's official, I have no life! I actually figured out what brand the pickles are from the picture. They appear to be a UK brand named Mrs Elswood?

Macfixer01

macfixer01 said:
UncleBenBen said:
Ooooh! What kind of pickles are those on the bottom of the door? I don't think I've ever seen that lid before, and I'm a pickle freak!!

Ben,
OK it's official, I have no life! I actually figured out what brand the pickles are from the picture. They appear to be a UK brand named Mrs Elswood?

Macfixer01

Haha, that's awesome! Thanks Macfixer!

I'm going to have to look them up. They have a great colour to them. Now my mouth is watering all over again! :p :p

OK, I have a question about that fridge... What on earth do you need the Diet Coke for? :D

Back