advice on fume scrubber

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats good to know, been studying refining for two years now havent even started yet but knew I had to get the fume scrubber right, it will be the most important piece of equipment I have as I kind of like being alive, the centrifugal water pump I am going to get has a pressure regulator on it so I can adjust the vacuum until I get it just right, cant thank you enough for your advice
If anything you could use a Vacuum Gauge on it, and that's only to tell if it's clogged up and not working, you always want full vacuum.

If anything you could use a Vacuum Gauge on it, and that's only to tell if it's clogged up and not working, you always want full vacuum.
Easy enough to put a vacuum guage on it, like I said this will be the most important piece of equipment I will ever have, safety first, the other thing I am studying at the moment is safely dealing with the waste, when I am confident of that only then will I start refining

Hi all, I am looking to get a little more serious. I have noticed here that some use a condenser above the reaction vessel. I think it is a good idea to keep the volume steady and eliminate some vapors.. I will build the scrubber but I noticed some people talking about a basic liquid (NaOH) followed by activated carbon filter. I wanted to know your opinion about the use of activated carbon. If not necessary then I just use a base such as NaOH for scrubbing.
Thank you

Thank you Eaglekeeper. I am wondering about the use of activated carbon. One company that noone likes advertises a simple passive activated carbon scrubber. It claims that is enough. I want to get rid of most of the smell and toxic vapors. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Carbon isn't a good idea if there will be any nitric fumes. Mixing nitrates with carbon-based materials can create some energetic compounds. Think black powder, gun cotton, etc.

Dave

Latest posts

Back