AP success

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I have had numerous requests for a video demonstrating the use of the Mini-Firebrick furnace that I have been selling on my website.

This furnace is discussed on the following thread:

Mini-Firebrick Furnace

The video can be viewed on my website http://www.goldrecovery.us , in the Melting Section.

Please post your comments and suggestions on the video in the above mentioned thread.

Steve

I got my mini-furnace from Lazersteve and it works just like the video shows. I had to use imitation gold since I still don't have enough real gold to melt ... YET ...

The video was real good, especially the part on preparing the melting dish with the borax. I had my borax floating around like it was snowing when I got the torch too close to the freshly added borax. The picture of the melting dish with a crack made me think that maybe I didn't do something wrong with mine. Mine got a few cracks in it but it is still holding together. I'm glad I ordered a couple extra melting dishes with my order since even if it doesn't crack apart, it is now contaminated from melting other metals in it. It does appear to work pretty good for melting small amounts of the yellow casting shot that I ordered before to practice sand casting. This may be the incentive I need to get that toy figured out.

P.S. I have many more videos to upload when I find the time between my numerous projects. I also want to thank all my loyal customers and fellow forum members for their continued support.

Keep the videos coming. Seeing something done makes it much easier to understand than just reading about it. Thanks for providing the group (and others) with all the information on your site as well as all the answers and help you give on this forum. :D

Back