Average recovery value of a computer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they are newer than DDR1&2, you can also see the difference from the ic chips types, most SDRAM,DDR1 and 2 have 2 side flat ic chips, but ddr3 and 4 have BGA small chips
Many modern BGAs have no PMs inside, especially the flip chip types.

In another 10 years, devices will be so cheaply made that it will not be worthwhile to recycle the stuff.
I'm just about ready to hang it up after 30 years of doing this type of work. Believe me when I say I have seen the changes and can see the writing on the wall.

In another 10 years, devices will be so cheaply made that it will not be worthwhile to recycle the stuff.
I'm just about ready to hang it up after 30 years of doing this type of work. Believe me when I say I have seen the changes and can see the writing on the wall.
The most thing that makes me disappointment, need to find another business from now :(

I did it several times, DDR4&3 recoverable gold much more than SDRAM, DDR1 and DDR2 RAMs
You're definitely correct Ayham. Some of it is better by far.

What's happening though is that some manufacturers are determining ways to leave the gold out in favour of other metals so the yield cannot be relied upon the way it used to be.

Some new Pc boards and some new RAM have no recoverable gold.

Per the bold print - How new are we talking about

It began around 4 years ago Kurt.

Per the bold print - this does not surprise me

I have a cousin that works for a company in Minnesota that manufactures circuit boards & "specialized" electronic equipment (medical, military, & aero space) & as well another friend that used to work for that same company

About 6 or 7 years ago at the funeral of one of my uncles I of course with my making a living in the recovery & refining of PMs from circuit boards we got into a discussion about the PMs in CBs

To make a long story short - basically what my cousin told me is that as CB technology moves forward there will be little or NO PMs in CBs & especially concerning future IC chip technology (no more gold bond wires)

Graphene (for chip bonding) was/is the direction of the future

So it does not surprise me at all that -----------
Some new Pc boards and some new RAM have no recoverable gold.

CB scrap with no "recoverable" PMs is starting to show up

For what it is worth my cousin is one of the top engineers in in the R&D department of that company & so was working "hands on" in the development of moving away from PMs in the future of CB manufacture

Kurt

Per the bold print - this does not surprise me

I have a cousin that works for a company in Minnesota that manufactures circuit boards & "specialized" electronic equipment (medical, military, & aero space) & as well another friend that used to work for that same company

About 6 or 7 years ago at the funeral of one of my uncles I of course with my making a living in the recovery & refining of PMs from circuit boards we got into a discussion about the PMs in CBs

To make a long story short - basically what my cousin told me is that as CB technology moves forward there will be little or NO PMs in CBs & especially concerning future IC chip technology (no more gold bond wires)

Graphene (for chip bonding) was/is the direction of the future

So it does not surprise me at all that -----------

CB scrap with no "recoverable" PMs is starting to show up

For what it is worth my cousin is one of the top engineers in in the R&D department of that company & so was working "hands on" in the development of moving away from PMs in the future of CB manufacture

Kurt
The only CBs (regardless CBs from cheap electronic equipment) I seen without any PM's is Antminer CBs, many flat back 4 sides IC chips without any gold wires or gold plated

Back