black sand concentrate extraction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day all, it was a nice trip to Nispo lab where I met Jeff and Raf,I hand over my samples to them for assay. we all first examined the samples under hand held microscope and we noticed even free gold but most were attached, immediately Raf instructed Jeff to use their hand held XRF to do the analysis, Jeff came up with a wonderful results, virtually closed to the previous assay I did before and even Raf demanded for the materials to be bought from me if I don't mind. he suggested during the analysis that leaching will be better of. many thanks for the contributions from everybody.

Tell Raf and Jef to read the forum and learn what to expect from xrf and what not. Or did they fire assay it?

even Raf demanded for the materials to be bought from me if I don't mind.

...and now you are believing, we are naive enough to do this, too? :|

Reality check:
100 tons (one week production) of those tailings equate to the nominal GDP (52 weeks!) of Nigeria. So, only running those tailings, not the ore itself, for one year, no Nigerian has to work the next 50 years. Gratulations! You solved Africa's problems! Maybe it is a language problem and I didn't get it right, but what I understood sounds like complete nonsens.

solar_plasma said:
Tell Raf and Jef to read the forum and learn what to expect from xrf and what not. Or did they fire assay it?

even Raf demanded for the materials to be bought from me if I don't mind.

...and now you are believing, we are naive enough to do this, too? :|

Reality check:
100 tons (one week production) of those tailings equate to the nominal GDP (52 weeks!) of Nigeria. So, only running those tailings, not the ore itself, for one year, no Nigerian has to work the next 50 years. Gratulations! You solved Africa's problems! Maybe it is a language problem and I didn't get it right, but what I understood sounds like complete nonsens.

Just my thoughts on this ore. Just with his mentioning Nigeria throws up a red flag. Everyone on the forum knows about gold scams from there. I don't know this fellow and I maybe wrong. He starts posting about this high grade ore and someone reads it contacts him through PM and works up a deal to buy and gets scammed.

I have read enough on this forum to see that members here lookout for the community and will call people out on what seems bogus or to good to be true. That's what makes this a great forum.

I would say READER and or BUYER beware of this ore.

XRF results on this type material can not be counted on an XRF is not designed for testing this type material

An XRF is designed to test metal & the alloys of metal

Kurt

hello, I've never and will never ask anyone to buy any materials from me. what I requested for is good info on how to recover the gold. simple

Read the safety section, study Hoke's and the forum
Incinerate, calcine or roast (depending on kind of contents/contaminants)
dissolve basemetals in HCl
wash
AR (about 1ml HNO3/g gold)
settle/decant
denox (gold button method or sulfamic)
drop gold (SMB, SO2, FeSO4 or oxalic)/Harold's washes/melt button or rerefine/ show button to the forum
check barren solution for gold
check solids for gold
sell the solids to someone processing tantalum or save it for later, when you are a billionaire and can process it yourself
precipitate waste solution and sell solids to someone processing the other valuable metal contents or save it for later, when you are a billionaire and can process it yourself
save Africa with those billions of Dollars lying on the street in Nigeria

here you are. simple.

20% Au in tailings.... this mine's tailing yards, as wide as the eye can see, must be shining and sparkling in the Nigerian sun in this land, where even the poorest have toilets of pure gold. :mrgreen:

solar_plasma said:
Read the safety section, study Hoke's and the forum
Incinerate, calcine or roast (depending on kind of contents/contaminants)
dissolve basemetals in HCl
wash
AR (about 1ml HNO3/g gold)
settle/decant
denox (gold button method or sulfamic)
drop gold (SMB, SO2, FeSO4 or oxalic)/Harold's washes/melt button or rerefine/ show button to the forum
check barren solution for gold
check solids for gold
sell the solids to someone processing tantalum or save it for later, when you are a billionaire and can process it yourself
precipitate waste solution and sell solids to someone processing the other valuable metal contents or save it for later, when you are a billionaire and can process it yourself
save Africa with those billions of Dollars lying on the street in Nigeria

here you are. simple.

thanks for the info, pls I've a question. can I reuse the AR?

Dunamis said:

No, when finished it will be diluted, contaminated with base metals and mixed with other chemicals as part of the process to recover the gold. You will have to treat it as hazardous waste and remove the various metals it will contain before safely disposing of it.

When you've read more on the process it will make sense.

rickbb said:
Dunamis said:

No, when finished it will be diluted, contaminated with base metals and mixed with other chemicals as part of the process to recover the gold. You will have to treat it as hazardous waste and remove the various metals it will contain before safely disposing of it.

When you've read more on the process it will make sense.

cool thank you for the info,is there any other leaching methods that can be recommended, I read few thread some suggested SSN leaching, cyanide. I want available chemicals, nitric is expensive and not available chemicals due to insurgent activities.

Dunamis said:
hello. how long does it take to leach the materials in the AR?
I'm assuming you're talking about concentrates, or ores.
You don't.
It can't be stressed enough that AR is not an acceptable process for extracting values from ores or concentrates. That is true in almost all cases, although the process can work. The consumption of acid and the huge volume of hazardous waste, to say nothing of the complications of dissolving all manner of troublesome materials, makes it not a good idea.

Harold

Harold, did you read, that his "tailings" contain 20% Au, which he concentrated to 60%? I still don't believe there is any thruth in this. I mentioned AR only because of this already almost only is gold, a gold content comparable to jewelry.

solar_plasma said:
Harold, did you read, that his "tailings" contain 20% Au, which he concentrated to 60%? I still don't believe there is any thruth in this. I mentioned AR only because of this already almost only is gold, a gold content comparable to jewelry.

solar_plasma, I'm scared about your writings. if you can't help on good info as regard my request better don't write, either you believe or not it doesn't change my materials content.
Harold, indeed I've read a lot about your posts and kind regards to your vast experience and good manner of approach on this forum. I once had similar encounter on materials like this on recyclebiz.com when some guys attack me on my Africa cat, when I post on catalytic convertor in Nigeria then, all were saying it is not available in Nigeria until someone came up with the volume he got when he visited Africa. this is a social media and my respect for this forum is that even things that cant be taught in universities are being taught here recently I've been on Hooke's book and could say it was wonderful to have in my archives. pls I don't take offend in anybody post but kudos to the good work on the forum

If you are not a scammer, which I can't know, then i believe there are mistakes in what you told us, you are not aware of. I imagine mountains of tailings (left overs after processing/concentrating ore) with 20% og gold in it, only a little less than in my gold ring I wear. I told what I would do, if I had that stuff and could be sure the assay is correct. Read Ammen's, read Hoke's, read the many threads about ore's and some old free books mentioned in the forum could also help somewhat.

solar_plasma said:
I must say that I probably didn't understand the claim, but I have had personal experience with extracting values from relatively high concentrations. That would include a substantial amount of gold mixed with black sand. It works, but presents its own problems. I would recommend it only under the worst possible scenario.

And---and there is an and-----I would determine what percentage of silver is contained within, assuming the particles of gold are of any substance, as silver would slow, maybe even stop, extraction. That's one of the benefits of using cyanide, although unless the values are very fine (small) in nature, it may not function all that well, either.

I'll play the devil's advocate for a moment, and assume that there really is a 60% gold concentration. If that be the case, there's not a doubt in my mind---I'd go after the values with a furnace. With such a high concentration of values, even if one achieved just one heat per crucible (you would get more), it would most likely be the most economical and reliable method to operate. If a collector was required, I believe I'd use silver. After all, we're dealing with a very critical value, so that would justify the investment.

I do have an issue with the idea that those who created the dump site would have left behind visible gold. Not saying it wouldn't have been possible, but it certainly makes little sense, especially when one considers that mercury has been used with reckless abandon in such a case.

Lets leave it like this. I'm skeptical, but open to evidence to support the claim. Mean time, it is my recommendation that no one get involved with this project, aside from providing guidance where it may be appropriate. Mean time, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck -----

Harold

Harold_V said:
solar_plasma said:
I must say that I probably didn't understand the claim, but I have had personal experience with extracting values from relatively high concentrations. That would include a substantial amount of gold mixed with black sand. It works, but presents its own problems. I would recommend it only under the worst possible scenario.

And---and there is an and-----I would determine what percentage of silver is contained within, assuming the particles of gold are of any substance, as silver would slow, maybe even stop, extraction. That's one of the benefits of using cyanide, although unless the values are very fine (small) in nature, it may not function all that well, either.

I'll play the devil's advocate for a moment, and assume that there really is a 60% gold concentration. If that be the case, there's not a doubt in my mind---I'd go after the values with a furnace. With such a high concentration of values, even if one achieved just one heat per crucible (you would get more), it would most likely be the most economical and reliable method to operate. If a collector was required, I believe I'd use silver. After all, we're dealing with a very critical value, so that would justify the investment.

I do have an issue with the idea that those who created the dump site would have left behind visible gold. Not saying it wouldn't have been possible, but it certainly makes little sense, especially when one considers that mercury has been used with reckless abandon in such a case.

Lets leave it like this. I'm skeptical, but open to evidence to support the claim. Mean time, it is my recommendation that no one get involved with this project, aside from providing guidance where it may be appropriate. Mean time, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck -----

Harold

Harold, I salute you. open mind.your comment is helpful thank you sir

Harold_V said:

Harold

Harold is spot on here - smelting is the best way to treat this material - There are a number of pretreatments that NEED to be done before smelting

Smelting is the ONLY way I would consider for this type material - not saying other methods wont work - just that smelting is by far the better way to go

Dunamis - you need to start doing A LOT of research before you start doing any processing - this is NOT an ask a few question get a few answers kind of thing to learn - & I am not talking just about smelting - but ALL of it "requires" MUCH research - with out research (lots of it) you will only run into troubles :!:

I have been doing this for 4 plus years now - & I am still doing research - every day :!:

Kurt

Back