Boardsort.com - We buy electronic gold scrap through the mail.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently work for a mid level - e-waste recycler (we shred, granulate, wet-table concentrate and send to an asian refiner, also trade) and even though there really isn't an overlap of market between us and boardsort (we work in europe), I routinely check it to compare pricing, and as far as walk-in/retail prices go, it's consistently one of the higher end.

so you've made an impact man :) also love your forum, that lost-in-lodos, what's that guy on?

you've always seemed like a solid, level-headed guy, snoman701 with a know-how about business, so I don't quite get your hate on the guy;

So with the miller table...or whatever table you are using. Do you assay the tailings? The tailings are mostly organics/glass? Do you depopulate before shredding and handle your chip concentrate separate? If so, how?

Obviously I have no recollection of this event as you just said it wasn't even me you spoke to. Further, unless you made some request that was un-accommodatable I find it implausible that we would refuse your business, I mean that is what we do, buy boards, but I digress.

As a business we need to know what checks are being written. It is unfortunate that you were privy to the communications (or lack thereof) regarding outstanding checks, bur yes, we record and tabulate every check we issue and it is important that the information regarding those amounts are shared with our accounting staff.

If the fact that we are not carefree about our finances troubles you especially when it comes to keeping a balanced check registry, I don't know what to tell you.

Thank you for venting your frustrations with the group however. If that is the worst you can say about me or our company, then I will take that as a positive.

I think this portion of the thread has played out, while don't we leave your review where it is and move on...

Also, you presented quite a bit of pricing data there. What was missing is the inflationary effects of rising costs such as but not limited to labor wages, energy costs, freight, insurance, compliance and processor charges

Indeed - I can't even imagine the negative effects inflation cost is having on your business - it is after all negatively effecting ALL of us - that along with insane regulations being implemented on even being/staying in business

Kurt

I dont know, man, when you do this the legit way, you cannot pay spot prices for junk, because you have a ton of expenses, taxes and so on. Most of the people when they ask me "how much gold does it contain?", and i tell them, they want to sell their stuff at spot. It doesn`t work like that.
I explain to everyone why I pay what I pay, if they sell it to me, fine, if not that is fine too...the ocean has plenty of fish.

There will always be fat cats and starving dogs, you cannot please everyone.

Pete

I appreciate anyone who posts their prices openly, even when they're not the highest. It presents a benchmark and helps with decision making re level of processing. Thank you for that, Pete, and thank you to others who go to the trouble to offer that kind of advertising.

Who cares what you are offering for gold ram? Each computer has one or two sticks of it, and they weigh next to nothing. It's a loss leader. You overpay on RAM and people think your prices are great on other stuff as well, so they stop comparing other grades.
Per the bold print - they (board buyers) ALL do that - it is called free market competition
When I first got started I remember Mario (CFCS
That includes Mario from CFCS
Honestly Chris, you have 113 posts on this forum and I'd wager that most all of them are you posting an advertisement.

I have been a member of this forum long enough that I remember when both Mario & Chris where members at a hobby level & before they started their business -so different user names then their current "business" user names - back then they both posted regularly here on the forum

This forum is the very reason they started there businesses & if memory serves me right Chris was the first followed by Mario - so nether of them post like they used to - but (& I could be wrong) but I believe Chris has posted more then Mario since they (both) went into business & when they do it is naturally about business

So what's your point ?

Edit to add - & by the way I have done business with Chris & been VERY HAPPY with the service --- I am sorry if you had a bad experience with him

Kurt

So with the miller table...or whatever table you are using. Do you assay the tailings? The tailings are mostly organics/glass? Do you depopulate before shredding and handle your chip concentrate separate? If so, how?
The milling and water table operation is somewhat crude - we use it mostly on low grade material, that does contain some PMs but not enough to be sent to a refiner as-is or unsuitable for manual disassembly; best works on items like computer cable ends/gold plugs, adapters/chargers, Cd-roms, fuse blocks and the like (actually stupid regulations like EN 50625-1:2014 prohibit (more correctly, frown upon; it's not enforced currently to it's full extent) us from shredding all we'd like to - like on PC towers (not suitable for re-fab) it'd work great) we actually have separate streams for pure Cu granule/ Cu+Ag/ Cu+Ag+Au+Pd. definitely we'd still benefit from advanced assay on tailings, but for now it's not in the works

I'm trying to get my boss to seriously consider to start concentrating Lowgrade boards (3d kategory/C class/brown boards (also Goldwasser/Chris, whats with the low price of 40 cents per pound, on a FTL/20ft i'd esily could offer you double or more)) to maybe get PPM of Au in to better recovery bracket, and who knows, maybe even get Pd over the minimum recoverable threshold. I could definitely see, as the trend of using less and less PMs in electronics continues, this becoming the default practice - even today, arithmetically it would make sense to concentrate lower yield motherboards (<50 PPM Au), peripherals, etc....

currently we do not concentrate better yield PCBs, it doesn't make sense to - the pay-out wouldn't change much, and the risk of losses is too great. those we just shred, since it's a requirement (or a fee) of our refiner and is better for packing

what would be a huge leap in my view - is that if we could go from producing granule (30%-80% Cu+PMs) to smelting anodes/shot/bullion(?) with next to no impurities, with maximum levels of PM and reclaiming Sn (from solder) in smelting process. totally doable, especially since we are a subsidiary company of a huge bronze metallurgy plant, now that would be a game changer :) but you know, all in it's good time :)

I am nearly 30 years in WEEE recycling trading shredding and sending material to refiners in Europe and Asia. I do not know Board /Goldwasser but back in 2011 he offered me money for processors and to the normal guy on the street they were ok prices. His published buying prices are very fair I would go so far as to say he is generous for most of the material he has advertised but is low on some. I only trade with other recycling companies and large manufacturing companies as I am interested in tonnage. Honesty and integrity keeps people in business and he is still here and I say that without prejudice.

Who cares what you are offering for gold ram? Each computer has one or two sticks of it, and they weigh next to nothing. It's a loss leader. You overpay on RAM and people think your prices are great on other stuff as well, so they stop comparing other grades.
Trust me Sno there's no loss in that "leading" mate. In fairness he's put his prices up fair and square and people can vote with their wallets as to what they choose to take up.

They might not all be the highest (and in many areas they are definitely not) but that's commerce for ya.

We are currently offering the highest prices paid to date at boardsort.com. For example Gold RAM at $25 per pound. Here is a current snapshot:

Boardsort.com Price List Current as of 05/17/2024

$210.00 per lb - Gold Cap Gold Leg 8086 IC
$195.00 per lb - Motorola Gold Top or Bottom
$195.00 per lb - 386/486 Gold Cap
$120.00 per lb - Double Side Gold CPU
$120.00 per lb - Pentium Pro Gold Cap
$95.00 per lb - LSI, NEC, Foreign Gold Cap
$70.00 per lb - Cyrix/IBM/VIA Gold Capped
$49.00 per lb - Black Fiber
$49.00 per lb - Pentium/Mac Ceramic
$49.00 per lb - AMD Ceramic No Metal
$40.00 per lb - Clean Gold Fingers
$30.00 per lb - AMD Ceramic Aluminum Top K6
$26.00 per lb - DLP Ceramic
$25.00 per lb - Gold Fingered RAM
$19.00 per lb - Slot Processor
$17.00 per lb - Green/Brown Fiber No Metal
$15.00 per lb - Flat Pack Gold Tab
$14.50 per lb - High Grade non-SATA Hard Drive Board
$12.50 per lb - Cell Phone Boards
$10.75 per lb - Silver Tin Fingered RAM
$10.00 per lb - Wire Wrap Pin Board
$9.75 per lb - Trimmed RAM
$9.75 per lb - Gold Fingered Shielded RAM
$9.25 per lb - P4/Green Fiber With Metal
$9.00 per lb - Tantalum Yellow and Black SMD
$8.00 per lb - Fingered Laptop WIFI Cards
$8.00 per lb - Gold Cap & Gold Edge & CNC boards
$8.00 per lb - Trimmed Slot Processor
$8.00 per lb - IC Chips - No Dallas Switches
$7.25 per lb - DLP Metal Fiber
$7.00 per lb - Low Grade SATA Hard Drive Board
$6.50 per lb - No Pin CPU
$6.50 per lb - Sun CPU
$6.35 per lb - High Grade Telecom
$6.35 per lb - Large Multi Socket Server Motherboard
$6.00 per lb - Pin Board
$6.00 per lb - Mixed RAM
$5.50 per lb - Older Cell Phone with Keypad No Battery No Back
$5.10 per lb - CD-Rom Boards
$5.00 per lb - Gold Finger Card Clean NO Fan NO Sink NO Bracket
$5.00 per lb - Gold Plated Pins
$4.90 per lb - Laptop Motherboards
$4.90 per lb - Gold Finger Card NO Fan NO Heatsink WITH Bracket
$4.90 per lb - Large Socket Motherboard
$4.00 per lb - Low Grade Telecom
$4.00 per lb - Wireless Handheld Keyboard Laser Scanner No Batt
$4.00 per lb - Apple CPU
$3.60 per lb - Backplane Expansion Boards
$3.60 per lb - Small Multi Socket Server Motherboard
$3.60 per lb - Metal Multi Socket Server motherboard
$3.25 per lb - Silver Plated Brass
$2.75 per lb - Modern Smart Phone No Batt No Cover
$2.75 per lb - Clean Copper Heatsink
$2.75 per lb - #1 Copper
$2.65 per lb - Peripheral High Grade
$2.65 per lb - Small Socket P4 GREEN Motherboard
$2.60 per lb - #2 Copper
$2.50 per lb - Low Grade Gold Finger Card WITH Fan or Heatsink
$2.40 per lb - Trimmed Finger Cards NO Fan NO Sink Bracket OK
$2.00 per lb - Metal Socket Green Motherboard
$2.00 per lb - Flat Pack No Gold Tab
$2.00 per lb - Blank RAM
$1.50 per lb - Any Cell Phone With Battery
$1.50 per lb - Red Brass
$1.30 per lb - Small Solid Plastic Socket Motherboard (AMD)
$1.30 per lb - Peripheral Low Grade
$1.30 per lb - Small Plastic or Metal Socket COLOR Motherboard
$1.25 per lb - Gold Finger Card with Oversize Heatsink or Fan
$1.25 per lb - Yellow Brass
$1.10 per lb - Connector Ends
$1.10 per lb - Whole Laptops (Non Working, Good Screen)
$1.00 per lb - Integrated Motherboard (No Socket No Gold Tab BGA)
$0.85 per lb - Partial Laptops (Good Screen)
$0.70 per lb - Laptop with Broken Screen
$0.70 per lb - Networking Equipement
$0.65 per lb - Hard Drive With Board
$0.60 per lb - Mixed Wire
$0.60 per lb - Clean Aluminum/Copper Heatsink
$0.60 per lb - Whole Server With Hard Drive
$0.50 per lb - Tablets
$0.50 per lb - CRT Yokes
$0.45 per lb - Hard Drive Punched or Bent With Board
$0.40 per lb - Mid Grade Board
$0.40 per lb - Low Grade
$0.40 per lb - Auto Board Without Box
$0.40 per lb - Lead
$0.40 per lb - Whole Server No Hard Drive
$0.35 per lb - Power Supply With Wire
$0.35 per lb - Hard Drive No Board
$0.35 per lb - Stainless 304 Non-magnetic Steel
$0.35 per lb - Whole Tower With Hard Drive
$0.30 per lb - Hard Drive Punched or Bent No Board
$0.30 per lb - Power Adapters With Wire
$0.30 per lb - Clean Aluminum Heatsink
$0.30 per lb - Dirty Aluminum Copper Heatsink
$0.25 per lb - IPod/MP3 Players
$0.25 per lb - Hard Drive Platters
$0.25 per lb - CD/Floppy Disk Drives
$0.25 per lb - Server Partial
$0.25 per lb - Whole Tower No Hard Drive
$0.25 per lb - Cable/DVR Box With Hard Drive
$0.20 per lb - Auto Board With Box
$0.20 per lb - Power Supply No Wire
$0.20 per lb - MOTORS TRANSFORMERS
$0.20 per lb - Dirty Aluminum
$0.15 per lb - Power Adapters No Wire
$0.15 per lb - Office Phones
$0.15 per lb - Cable/DVR Box No Hard Drive
$0.10 per lb - Taped Lead Acid Battery
$0.10 per lb - BATT. BACKUPS (Complete)
$0.10 per lb - BATT BACKUPS(INCOMPLETE)
$0.10 per lb - DLP Projectors
$0.10 per lb - Docking Stations
$0.10 per lb - Small Take Apart
$0.06 per lb - Breakage
$0.05 per lb - All In One Systems
$0.05 per lb - Digital Camera
Do you pay more for higher GB server ram? Like 16 and 32GB?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back