"Bromate Hydrolysis" Revisited

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures guys.

Steve,

Heartily advise the use of plastic containers :)

Rao,

Why only those elements?

Lou, would have to ask from MS Machine :| .Anyways 400 million nano grams per tr. is a bit ok.

Appreciated.

Sequel....

Different angles of Purified Platinum Mother Liquor just before separation and then Reduction.....

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 423
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 423
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 423
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 423
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 423
Another episode of Hydrolyses....Purified Platinum Mother Liquor of commercial purity before reduction....................And Inspite of the apparent simplicity of Hydrolysis process,there are procedures which are subjective.

Rao

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 383
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 383
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 383
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 383
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 383
Should mention that you should concentrate (at least reduce the volume by 1/2, if not 1/3 or more) then precipitate with ammonium chloride.

Only in very few instances is it possible to merely reduce the solution as is--especially if the material is high in refractory metals.

Forgot to answer your question that prompted this nice thread...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 3.08.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 3.08.53 PM.png
    461.1 KB · Views: 376
Lou, I got informed about the weights earlier,but in fact the weight-ages given(as per Gil.& WICH.) are in no way reflective of the amounts of reagents used in handling the different scenarios encountered(I am sure you would be aware of this).

And the purity of Platinum feeds was 999 in this episode so direct reduction will not affect CP, infact these liquors were hydrochlorized to get rid of remaining bromate and then were reduced.The recipient got more than CP(commercial purity).

Rao

Platina's

Small one(3.8 gm) was segregated by organo-metalic separation of other associated pgm element,big one(12 gm) has undergone bromate hydrolysis.Trade Recipient of those had a terrible cell phone camera and artistic taste to arrest those buttons(Which to even naked eyes were shining like Platina does :lol: )

Attachments

• Platina.jpg
    Platina.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 293
I know I shouldn't solicit on thread but I will just to offer the opportunity to try this.
If any one is interested I have all combinations of bromide/bromate salts and HBr etc. In bulk and small quantity.
PM me

RaoOvious said:
They dont LLX is smarter than old hydrolysis 8)
Lou is doing hydrolysis by his own admission. The reason is likely purity, and / or speed over that obtained with solvent extraction.
What a wonderful thread.

Hello boys

That other products can be used, to replace the sodium bromate to make the hydrolysis of the solution, sodium bromate is not obtained in my country, and I do not know with which hydrolysis can be done. please help

I'm planning a new video on this subject. Ive got the Sodium Bromate to do the experiment. I'm going to follow the procedure given by one of the experienced members in one of these posts.

I'll make a detailed video of the entire process, if I can pull it off.

This will be another practice run in preparation for processing my stock pot.

Just wanted to pull the thread back up on top of the heap so I dont have to dig to find it.

kadriver

kadriver said:
I'm planning a new video on this subject. Ive got the Sodium Bromate to do the experiment. I'm going to follow the procedure given by one of the experienced members in one of these posts.

Just wanted to pull the thread back up on top of the heap so I dont have to dig to find it.

kadriver

In that case all you need to do is subscribe to the topic. It's at the top of the page in the toolbar.

anachronism said:
kadriver said:

kadriver

In that case all you need to do is subscribe to the topic. It's at the top of the page in the toolbar.

Nice, I never knew subscriptions to threads were available, thank you.

This PGM itch is so addicting!. We are indeed blessed in this GRF that experienced, commercial, and skilled processors print all these procedures, tips and nuances on this and other ever evolving processes that can be considered trade secrets. As a dilettante I always enjoy reading these.

Back