Can anyone recommend a buyer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses

I'm in Oregon and was wondering where would be the best place to take my recovered precious metals they are melted into a bar I have 25.7 Troy ounces just want to get the most out of what I have the metals are mostly palladium gold platinum silver and a small amount of copper any information would be appreciated im sure I would probably need someone with an xrf gun im in driving distance of Portland and if it would be better for me I could send it to someone a refiner.thanks

I'm in Oregon and was wondering where would be the best place to take my recovered precious metals they are melted into a bar I have 25.7 Troy ounces just want to get the most out of what I have the metals are mostly palladium gold platinum silver and a small amount of copper any information would be appreciated im sure I would probably need someone with an xrf gun im in driving distance of Portland and if it would be better for me I could send it to someone a refiner.thanks
What was the starting material and how was it processed?

Refineries pay the best, over a We Buy Gold buyer. Do a google search for refineries near you.

What was the starting material and how was it processed?
it was from mlcc's gold plated computer components and even put some palladium bus bars in the crucible have a couple bars one has some copper where I cemented out with zinc , so that's what I done with what I had while I put everything on hold to do more studying. nothing special but for my first try at recovery it was better than I expected from trying to correct the mistakes I made learning from youtube 🤦

Attachments

• 20240421_141811.jpg
    20240421_141811.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Yeah thanks, I talked to a few places in Portland have appointments to let some people see what I have,I haven't found anyone around eugene Oregon yet but im sure there has to be someone more local that we could sell to,

it was from mlcc's gold plated computer components and even put some palladium bus bars in the crucible have a couple bars one has some copper where I cemented out with zinc , so that's what I done with what I had while I put everything on hold to do more studying. nothing special but for my first try at recovery it was better than I expected from trying to correct the mistakes I made learning from youtube 🤦
I do not think this was a smart move.
You have taken some identifiable easy recoverable material and mixed it to something that may not be easily recoverable.
We'll see what the refineries say.

There are a couple of refineries in Idaho, if you are willing to drive that far.

Do they have web sites - if so could you provide links &/or other contact info --- company name - location - phone number

I currently deal with a refinery in New Mexico - which I have been happy with - it's just not in driving distance so have to ship to them

I live in Oregon "very" close to the Idaho boarder so it would be really cool to find one in driving distance

Kurt

Yeah thanks, I talked to a few places in Portland have appointments to let some people see what I have,I haven't found anyone around eugene Oregon yet but im sure there has to be someone more local that we could sell to,

I just did a quick search for "gold buyers in Eugene Oregon" & found these ------

https://www.acebuyers.com/

https://www.northstarcoinandjewelry.com/what-we-purchase/

https://www.eugenecoin.com/

Call them & ask if they have an XRF

With the mix of metals you have in that bar acid/scratch testing will not work so you need to find a shop that has an XRF

Most shops that have XRF for testing will charge $25 -$35 - that's if they just test but don't buy - if they buy they will wave that charge
I talked to a few places in Portland have appointments to let some people see what

Did you ask them if they have an XRF - there is no sense in driving all the way to Portland to have your bar tested if they don't have an XRF

Kurt

Do they have web sites - if so could you provide links &/or other contact info --- company name - location - phone number

I currently deal with a refinery in New Mexico - which I have been happy with - it's just not in driving distance so have to ship to them

I live in Oregon "very" close to the Idaho boarder so it would be really cool to find one in driving distance

Kurt
A friend of mine deals with one of them on a 4-5000 oz/ year basis. Not sure which one, but found these 2;
Purity Metals, Idaho Falls 208-524-3037
Idaho Metals and Recovery, Arco 208-569-6913
You do need to be a business with an FEIN #.

What was the starting material and how

I just did a quick search for "gold buyers in Eugene Oregon" & found these ------

https://www.acebuyers.com/

https://www.northstarcoinandjewelry.com/what-we-purchase/

https://www.eugenecoin.com/

Call them & ask if they have an XRF

With the mix of metals you have in that bar acid/scratch testing will not work so you need to find a shop that has an XRF

Most shops that have XRF for testing will charge $25 -$35 - that's if they just test but don't buy - if they buy they will wave that charge

Did you ask them if they have an XRF - there is no sense in driving all the way to Portland to have your bar tested if they don't have an XRF

Kurt
yes there are two places in Portland that has the XRF gun and another in Salem I haven't found anyone around Eugene yet, I did talk to one person about two months ago but lost his contact information somehow

yes there are two places in Portland that has the XRF gun and another in Salem I haven't found anyone around Eugene yet, I did talk to one person about two months ago but lost his contact information somehow, and Ace is a pawn shop and the other two places doesn't have a gun.

Back