• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[CANCELLED BY OP] Cell Phone Boards For Sale (Approximately 300 Boards)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
niks neims said:
Excuse me about derailing this thread a bit but I do have a question regarding plating thickness on mobile boards like these: as I was doing my last bach in AP, I noticed that while gold plating from newer (blue, teal colored) boards basically desintegrated in to a powder, with no foils to speak of, I Had in the batch some green old looking ones (button phones, not touchscreen) from which there were some nice foils coming off, strudy enough to be picked up with tweezers (sadly gold colored on one side only) ... At the time I could not believe that there is such a thick plating on mobile boards so I assumed that there must be some metal between copper and gold (nickel?) not getting dissolved by AP. Was I wrong? Is it really possible for plating on older phones to be of such thickness? If that be the case it very well may help the OP sell them :)
The cell phone boards do have probably less gold than seen on the boards, in my opinion. There is a lot of copper under the gold plating, and depending on how you give the boards a bath, all the gold may flake away until you see noting floating or glittering in solution. I blame that on the gold traces being mostly copper and not gold, regardless of what you actually see on the boards.

Your process doesn't warant any concerns on my end, but I haven't came across any boards that dissolved or pretty much broke down in solution. No matter how you did it, just make sure to save the liquid solution. There could be gold in solution. If there is very little gold, even on plating like fingers and other green boards, the whole gold you see may dissolve into a liquid. That would probably mean that either 1) there was no gold at all or 2) there was so little gold, that the soltion dissolved the gold into a liquid.

You can stick a piece of flat copper into the solution and if there's any gold, it should collect on the copper and hopefully some will be at the bottom of the vessel.

On an ending note: After you have collected your foils, I would put them in some HCL solution on low heat. That will dissolve any remaining copper that may be there.

You could also take the washed foils and put them in a 50/50 solution of Nitric and distilled water. That too should dissolve the copper and leave the gold.

scrapparts.

niks neims said:
scrapparts said:
anachronism said:
scrapparts said:
I have a medium size Flat Rate Box almost full of cell phone boards for sale. With the exception of around 5 boards, they're all from the same model phone.

So you didn't actually answer my question did you? If you knew they were from the same phone as you advertised you should be able to say what they are from. Dodgy advertising from someone whose sole purpose on this forum is to sell stuff.
I'm not sure what type of dope you're on, but I am not dodging anything. Take your two eyes and look up the information on the pictures I posted.

Do you know you sound like an idiot right now. They are cell phone boards and I do not know the exact model of them, and if you don't want to buy them, then you need to go take a chill pill. I post what I want on here that is legal and within their rules and regulations. If you don't like to see me selling on here, tell them to shut down shop because your metal process dictates the advertising and any gold recovery, processing items.

People like you need to be monitored before letting you post. You are talking trash for no reason what-so-ever. What darn question did I AVOID answering? I am glad to answer you. What did you miss? I can surely repeat or say something I must have forgotten.

Do you see how your DISRESPECT is evolving in this thread? I see it. Don't reply back. You should quit now and stop posting argumentive crap.

Do you want the boards or not? You so darn smart, I hope whoever looks up the models don't tell you. I just never bothered to do it and I'm not going to do it either. I work for my knowledge too. You go work for yours. You go find out and post the models to these phones right here... OK,,? You go do it!!

Please don't post back. You're in the wrong and I'm calling you out on it. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Dude this is so NOT cool! You should edit your post and apologize immediately. Even though in my expirience Jon is one of the friendliest guys here, he will tear you a new one as soon as he sees this and rightfully so. You are so wrong it is not even funny, and as enterteining as it would be to see you get put to your place, powers that be want to provide friendly environment for all users and minimize potential for drama and such... I bet you will still get the talking to by some of the mods, but your potential trade and overall reputation will greatly benefit if you correct your overly aggressive tone in above post...
You see, you're just as wrong. Speaking for someone else. you're just as wrong. Do you see even how you're doing something that you shouldn't. You're instigating something that never should have been, and then you're making the assurance that "They're Gonna Get You" syndrome for me asking people to keep this thread as a For Sale or Trade instead of a debate.

Do you see how even you are causing trouble, yet acting as one of the good guys. You should have never said anything on this, speaking for another man that can speak for himself.

Grow up!

Please stop.

This doesn't solve anything.

I made a fair offer of 1/2 the going sale value, for boards that have had parts removed.

You ignored a fair offer, and you were rude to other members who have asked you questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't want any discussion about the boards, I suggest that you sell them on eBay.

As long as the discussion is following the forum guidelines it is allowed.

Göran

I'm locking this thread for a day to let people cool down. Too much emotions right now and we are getting close to a boilover.

Göran

I just want to apologize to the forum staff and members that deserve it. My intention was to Sell something here in hopes someone could have benefited from the experience with processing these boards and other components. That didn't go well at all.

I am cancelling this thread and I'm going to process this myself. I'll learn what I don't know about the yields of cell phones and parts. If all goes well as far as processing them, I'll be glad to share my results with the forum, so new refiners or others can have at least a general idea of what they should/can expect to recover, in gold.

Once again, Admin, moderators and other members, I'm sorry if I offended you, yet, that was never my intention.

scrapparts

jimdoc said:
scrapparts said:
I just want to apologize to the forum staff and members that deserve it.
scrapparts

Really?
You have a serious issue.. REALLY!

Do you see how you are again? You're starting crap. So, I do know this much, if you ever get offended by anyone here or elsewhere, there is no acceptance from you. REALLY!

You should have left well enough alone. You are a troublemaker and I know others know it too. Since I'm not violating anything, I'm going to do my best to ignore you.....

but why do you keep wanting to post sarcastic crap. I apologized to the forum and members, which did NOT include you, so you must know I'm speaking the truth about YOU... Not the forum or other members... but YOU!

You're saying crap, and then when I reply to it, you're drumming up to have others look at how I'm disrespecting the forum, when in fact I'm letting you know that you need to be put in check. You have a mental problem. I can see that.

Why would you even post in my threads? I don't post in your threads because I give you the respect you deserve, but obviously you don't believe that I deserve the respect as you deserve. If I wanted to have to bicker over something that is nothing, I have a 32 year old son I can do this with. But even he isn't worth it to me, but I'll still put him in check like you need to be. You need to grow up.

And EVERYTIME you say something smart to me, I'm coming right back at you, but then I'm in the wrong because I should have ignored you, yet, you can go on harassing other members and get away with it.

Once again, I'm trying to not engage in any altercations, but you're the type that loves to keep the pot boiling. I only reply back to you in hopes that someone will tell you to just STOP IT NOW!...

scrapparts

scrapparts

scrapparts said:
jimdoc said:
scrapparts said:
scrapparts

Really?

Do you see how you are again? You're starting crap. So, I do know this much, if you ever get offended by anyone here or elsewhere, there is no acceptance from you. REALLY!

You should have left well enough alone. You are a troublemaker and I know others know it too. Since I'm not violating anything, I'm going to do my best to ignore you.....

but why do you keep wanting to post sarcastic crap. I apologized to the forum and members, which did NOT include you, so you must know I'm speaking the truth about YOU... Not the forum or other members... but YOU!

You're saying crap, and then when I reply to it, you're drumming up to have others look at how I'm disrespecting the forum, when in fact I'm letting you know that you need to be put in check. You have a mental problem. I can see that.

Why would you even post in my threads? I don't post in your threads because I give you the respect you deserve, but obviously you don't believe that I deserve the respect as you deserve. If I wanted to have to bicker over something that is nothing, I have a 32 year old son I can do this with. But even he isn't worth it to me, but I'll still put him in check like you need to be. You need to grow up.

And EVERYTIME you say something smart to me, I'm coming right back at you, but then I'm in the wrong because I should have ignored you, yet, you can go on harassing other members and get away with it.

Once again, I'm trying to not engage in any altercations, but you're the type that loves to keep the pot boiling. I only reply back to you in hopes that someone will tell you to just STOP IT NOW!...

scrapparts

scrapparts

All this over a crappy little box of cell phone boards.

My problem is your using the forum just to sell your stuff here, and your "shady" way of selling.
Apparently you are an expert on cell phone board yields, and you are trying to sell them here to forum members for more than they are worth? That is what Ebay is for.

If members or moderators don't want me here, please speak up. I will accept a vote.

scrapparts said:
I just want to apologize to the forum staff and members that deserve it. My intention was to Sell something here in hopes someone could have benefited from the experience with processing these boards and other components. That didn't go well at all.

I am cancelling this thread and I'm going to process this myself. I'll learn what I don't know about the yields of cell phones and parts. If all goes well as far as processing them, I'll be glad to share my results with the forum, so new refiners or others can have at least a general idea of what they should/can expect to recover, in gold.

Once again, Admin, moderators and other members, I'm sorry if I offended you, yet, that was never my intention.

scrapparts

You wrote:

"I'll be glad to share my results with the forum, so new refiners or others can have at least a general idea of what they should/can expect to recover, in gold"

As a relatively new noobie, I for one would really appreciate knowing your results.

Thanks,
James

jimdoc said:
scrapparts said:
jimdoc said:
scrapparts said:
scrapparts

Really?

scrapparts

scrapparts

All this over a crappy little box of cell phone boards.

My problem is your using the forum just to sell your stuff here, and your "shady" way of selling.
Apparently you are an expert on cell phone board yields, and you are trying to sell them here to forum members for more than they are worth? That is what Ebay is for.

If members or moderators don't want me here, please speak up. I will accept a vote.
You just proved my point. And that is you don't know what you're talking about because I don't know the yields of cell phone boards. And that is the main reason I am now going to keep them.

Since people here are so informed on cell phone boards compared to eBay, don't you think that I would have put them on eBay if I KNEW I could get more money for them? I have done cell phone boards, but I haven't compiled my data to construct what a single cell phone has in terms of gold. But then again, you know how much I know in my head as far as yields.

The only report I saw on cell phones was that on "average" there is about $1 worth of gold in them. I'm not sure, yet I want to find out myself and wouldn't mind if others had a faster way of processing than I. I don't care if anyone buys from me or not. I post here in hopes that someone may benefit from it.

Again, I can post what I want that is LEGAL AND ETHICAL to post here, and you should not have any problem what-so-ever.... yet you're admitting you have a problem with that. Guess what? That's a PERSONAL problem, and you own it.Not me. Not anyone else. You.

What is shady about my dealings here? You call me shady but have no real reason to say so except that I sell stuff here. So what? Some people may want it, and if they don't, I can sell elsewhere or REFINE it myself. Are you getting the picture? I didn't ask you to hijack my thread, but you did anyway, and you're still doing it now.

If you're really from Philly, then you're definitely not showing any "Brotherly Love" ... You're showing "Brotherly Hate". What did I ever do to you? Tell me. Tell the forum. What did I ever do to you to make you go on as if I had done you wrong?

You still want to buy the boards?

scrapparts

Scrapparts

I can take the personal insults you threw at me and laugh wryly about internet warriors. It really doesn't matter to me when someone calls me rude names on t'internet. 8)

That given, you do have a tendency to lash out at anyone who you don't agree with and it's not reasoned, it's straight for the throat. I've been banned previously for saying much much less than the insults you've managed to throw around in this thread. It's not big, it's not clever and it's genuinely not helpful to anyone.

Jon

Lou said:
Goran, I'd just vote to keep it locked.

I agree.

But I have to be honest, I don't feel this forum's for sale section gives a good image of the membership.

I'm active on a few forums. All other sites require a starting point. Here's what it is, here's what I want, here's how I want to get paid. Whereas with this site, it seems that too many threads are full of rumors, premium prices and ambiguity.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate when sellers at least say something to the effect of, "I'd like more than melt for this".

If people are going to use this site to skirt Ebay's 10%, at least require a similar level of transparency.

Yeah, if I were a mod, you'd have been gone after the first insult. If you can't treat all the other forum members with respect, we don't need you here.

Relax, if you wish to argue a point, do so without insults or name calling. It's childish, and you will not last long around here if you choose to continue with it.

We all have the same goal, we all share something in common, we all can treat each other with respect.

The end.

snoman701 said:
Lou said:
Goran, I'd just vote to keep it locked.

I agree.

But I have to be honest, I don't feel this forum's for sale section gives a good image of the membership.

I'm active on a few forums. All other sites require a starting point. Here's what it is, here's what I want, here's how I want to get paid. Whereas with this site, it seems that too many threads are full of rumors, premium prices and ambiguity.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate when sellers at least say something to the effect of, "I'd like more than melt for this".

If people are going to use this site to skirt Ebay's 10%, at least require a similar level of transparency.

Yup, that is half the problem. The other half of the problem is attitude.

anachronism said:
Scrapparts

I can take the personal insults you threw at me and laugh wryly about internet warriors. It really doesn't matter to me when someone calls me rude names on t'internet. 8)

That given, you do have a tendency to lash out at anyone who you don't agree with and it's not reasoned, it's straight for the throat. I've been banned previously for saying much much less than the insults you've managed to throw around in this thread. It's not big, it's not clever and it's genuinely not helpful to anyone.

Jon
I keep thinking as I reviewed my thread and I don't see where I lashed out except when someone said that I didn't answer their question(s) and dodging them. That is not the case. There are times (like through this thread) whereas while I'm typing in a reply or making a post, someone may have posted something that I didn't see. That does happen. I am just now seeing some replies where they have been there before but I didn't see them as they were posted.

If that's my fault, I'm owning up to that right now. Some posts I haven't seen until AFTER they were posted and i posted something too.

With all of that aside, I see one side, and maybe because people are saying I'm wrong over what I'm doing. Now, for those that feel that I lashed out, go point EXACTLY where you say I lashed out, and I'll tell you just as it has been said to me before while here on this forum "You misunderstood and took it the wrong way".

You don't know my expressions or what I mean as I type it because it's nearly impossible to tell. But many of you come off to me as if you're correct, yet, when I reply back, my replies appear to be on the offense, yet I see the reply to me as an offense, but you don't see it, but I see it.... But I'm wrong.

And what bothers me the most is when someone else will say "So n so didn't man it like that".... How do you know what so-n-so meant if you're not that same person? How can any of you speak for someone that has just spoken. You take what they say one way, and I take it another way, but you're saying the way take it to be, it must be, and the way I say something, it must be I'm offending others.

The thing I would like to stop and that is people chiming in and trying to tell me what someone else meant. You're either that person with more than one account or you're a mind reader, or maybe both.

I tried to sell something here and because someone thinks I didn't answer a question or 2 about the model phones, it turned into this drama.

If I posted a picture of the same board without posting it for sale, but for identification, the same people talking all that trash would have easily looked up the information and came back and told me what I had.

What was so different this time? If I knew the exact models, don't you think I would have said so, just to make the sale potentially go smoother and faster? You know that's the truth too.

I've seen too many people on this forum being able to identify just about anything you throw at them, yet, I can't or don't identify (or answer) the question about an item, I'm being called unreasonable, when I went out my way to take scans of the boards and provide whatever I knew from people asking. And some people asked reasonable questions. But because I don't know a model number, my phones are worth buying, and not to mention I dismantled them, even though they were going to get to that point anyway, and probably by the buyer. Either way, it didn't look good for me and my sale.

i'm not upset anymore because I can refine these boards myself. And I will.

scrapparts

SIGH!! When a thread is locked and a moderator suggest that people need to cool down, we expect our members to listen. I am personally not a fan of locking threads, as it usually just prolongs the problems and hard feelings, and they usually pop back up again somewhere else.

Scrapparts is taking a two week vacation from the forum for violating rules:
Be sympathetic to other members. There will be zero tolerance for personal attacks on the board. If you are at odds with another, feel free to have a polite debate, but temper your words with wisdom. Post your position, doing so by sticking to the subject at hand. Do not make your comments personal in nature. Flaming is not permitted. No one will be allowed to attack the character of another. If you find yourself involved with another reader, and things don't work out as you hope, do NOT make mention in such a way that it can't be addressed by the accused.
scrapparts said:
You are a troublemaker
You have a mental problem.
These comments are violations of our rules.

Jim, you did not help the situation. You recently commented in the I miss the days of Harold thread that if reporting posts to the moderators "worked there wouldn't be a problem." If you had reported scrapparts' post instead of fanning the flames with your post, I wouldn't have had to waste the last few minutes reading all the subsequent replies.

Silversaddle, I can understand your position, but the moderators have agreed to a set of procedures for dealing with established members, so no one moderator can decide on their own to ban a member who has been here for a while. We're still working the bugs out of that process, so we ask for everyone's indulgence.

Now let's get back to discussing refining.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Jim, you did not help the situation. You recently commented in the I miss the days of Harold thread that if reporting posts to the moderators "worked there wouldn't be a problem." If you had reported scrapparts' post instead of fanning the flames with your post, I wouldn't have had to waste the last few minutes reading all the subsequent replies.

This guy doesn't deserve a two week "time out" like he is in kindergarten, he deserves to be shown the door. I had posted that "if and when a vote comes up to show Earl the door, my vote is to throw him out". That post was apparently deleted by a moderator (That was me reporting him). I am not the only one that thinks that some people should not be here because of attitude problems or shady selling tactics.

More than half of Scrapparts post are for selling his crap, that appears to be his main purpose here. His spouting demands in his posts come off as if he has a "right" to be here and do things as he wishes. If you can't see that he was trying to be slick in his selling here, then you need to reread his posts.

If he was banned when he first deserved it, then you "wouldn't have had to waste the last few minutes reading all the subsequent replies".

I don't understand how the moderators can't see the problems, without a member having to report it. Like reporting it would result in anything but a kindergarten time out anyway.

Jim

I don't know, the

"I'm not sure what type of dope you're on, but I am not dodging anything. Take your two eyes and look up the information on the pictures I posted.

Do you know you sound like an idiot right now."

Should be enough.

Back