Casual Chat Thread- Chit Chat from around the forum.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkspARCS said:
I recently performed my own survey and discovered an abandoned mine which has no claims attached that has had part of its wall cave in, exposing several veins of rich ore that I am wasting no time in recovering.
Looks can be deceiving.

Consider that the abandoned mine may have been abandoned because it didn't have commercial value.

Before dedicating a huge amount of time and effort, it might be prudent to have a couple assays performed to insure you're not chasing your tail.

Harold

Oh, yeah! Welcome to the forum. 8)

Hi Steve!!

Thanx for your welcome info is very useful!!

I believe the -Common Chemicals- link is not working

Thanx Harold, that's sage and premium advice that I understand.

To start with I am thinking about taking what appears to be concentrated metallic samples from several of the various deposites (skarn containing an azurite/ malachite, mercury/ auriferric mix, and a polymetallic replacement deposite containing kaolinite, plumbojarosite, arsenopyrite, chalclopyrite, pyrite, galena, hematite, and turquoise.), thoroughly grinding a combined mix from them, and getting a broad spectrum analysis done. That will help get the high grade ore to a market to generate needed capital for operative improvements

Later I'll perform an individualized deposite assay on each deposite location to determine which deposite is worth personally working vs. transporting.

:p

DarkspARCS said:
To start with I am thinking about taking what appears to be concentrated metallic samples from several of the various deposites
Be careful not to get exited if you find values in that assay. Your method of collecting is high grading, and not representative of the mines average PM content. For that assay to have real value you would have to be sure you could reproduce the results for your buyer. Do not forget the labor of how much material must be excavated to get your higher grade ore.

Yeah, I figured as much Oz. The whole purpose in high grading is to ensure that I give myself the best chances possible to get the Broad Spectrum Analysis to report back a more complete picture of what minerals I'm working with vs. trying to beef up a report or a client.

Example: 6 samples taken from 6 different auriferric veins of skarn, and it's revealed that mercury is involved - that mercury, in theory for this example, only involves one of the 6 sampled deposites - yet if I only sampled one deposite my chances getting a report on that mercury inclusion greatly diminishes, until the individual assay done on that particular deposite reveals it.

I'd like to know that there's mercury in my ore so that I could then institute appropriate measures in safely handling it as well as doing so in an environmentally safe manner as well.

That's not "scrap" that's "crap" :lol:
EDIT: thought I'd add the "lol" we've all been there, i think. follow the advice in the spirit its offered & you'll be ok, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back