ceramic capacitors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anarxi

Does anyone know the approximate "output" from such capacitors?

They are magnetic.
but after I treated them with a mixture of sulfuric and nitric acid and removed the metal, they stopped being magnetic...

Attachments

• IMG_7469.jpg
    IMG_7469.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Does anyone know the approximate "output" from such capacitors?

They are magnetic.
but after I treated them with a mixture of sulfuric and nitric acid and removed the metal, they stopped being magnetic...
It was the Nickel

https://mm.digikey.com/Volume0/opasdata/d220001/medias/docus/608/Z5U_Dielectric.pdf

I don't know enough to make any assumptions about what the interleaved electrodes are made of, datasheet maybe doesn't say.

But according to page 6 on this datasheet, the terminations on the ends of the capacitors offer a Ni/Au option and a Pd/Ag option. But the "T" in your ordercode shows these are probably plain ol' Sn/Ni plated.

https://mm.digikey.com/Volume0/opasdata/d220001/medias/docus/608/Z5U_Dielectric.pdf

I don't know enough to make any assumptions about what the interleaved electrodes are made of, datasheet maybe doesn't say.

But according to page 6 on this datasheet, the terminations on the ends of the capacitors offer a Ni/Au option and a Pd/Ag option. But the "T" in your ordercode shows these are probably plain ol' Sn/Ni plated.

Thank you, I didn’t find such a detailed datasheet on the Internet...
but the filling of this puff pastry is not indicated, and this is the most interesting thing....

Well, let's take them under "gun"

Checked with a pistol.
no palladium, only silver.
I’ll try, just for fun, to crush them and place them in a weak solution of nitric acid.
mix them for a couple of days,

will it work?

It seems like the capacitors stopped being magnetic after you treated them with acids, which likely removed the magnetic material that was causing the magnetism. The output of capacitors can vary greatly depending on their specifications, so it's difficult to provide an approximate output without more information.

In Russian and Soviet ceramic capacitors (they are also called “caseless”), having a label (the very first message in the topic) it is easy to find the content of palladium, silver and platinum.
It is given in grams per 1000 pieces.
For capacitors made in other countries, this information is almost impossible to find.

Back