Chainsaw cutting into a fresh palm tree trunk leaves a purple residue??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksmasher39

Im.just wanting to know if this might.be related.to the purple.of cassius color, since.the chainsaw blade is made of tin, when it cuts into the.milky.flesh of the palm tree, a few min later, it stains and turns into a dark purple color ...i.was wondering if anyone knew.why? We trim trees btw., but I also like doing gold recovery from dishes with iodine.once.in a while

Im.just wanting to know if this might.be related.to the purple.of cassius color, since.the chainsaw blade is made of tin, when it cuts into the.milky.flesh of the palm tree, a few min later, it stains and turns into a dark purple color ...i.was wondering if anyone knew.why? We trim trees btw., but I also like doing gold recovery from dishes with iodine.once.in a while
I guess it is some kind of resin oxidizing.

That is a result of some chain lubricants. When even a small amount comes in contact with resins of some trees, that resin becomes purple. Anything from a bright violet to almost black. I’ve noticed the reaction on some conifers, almost all poplars, but not many others. Never cut up a palm, however.

Blade is steel, not tin.

Time for more coffee.

Back