Clouds

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of yesterday 176,770 acres of forrest land burned from this one fire close to home, of that land 155,171 acres were national forest, 6.515 acres were BLM public lands, and 15,000 acres of private lands including peoples homes, burned in this one fire called the Chetco bar fire, started by lightning 7-12-2017, they had crewws that could have put it out when it first started and was only a few acres of fire, the government policy was it was a natural fire fire crews were told to stand back and let it burn naturally.

They think they may get some kind of control over this fire sometime around 10-15-2017 when the weather changes. How much more will burn in another month as the perimeter all around this fire grows daily?

There is nothing natural about this kind of fire in UN-managed forest, for many thousands of years these forest have been managed, the Indians managed the lands with fire to insure the food supply they needed to survive, they would control burn to create fields for deer elk buffalo and other animals which cannot eat the pine trees, they would clear areas for camas root and other edible plants that cannot grow in the forest, they would burn brush and manage the oak groves for the oak acorns a source of food...

Now we entrust this land to a bunch of politicians, and city dwelling "environmentalist" (who know nothing about the land they claim to manage) and let them "naturally burn it to hell.

What Madness when will we as people begin to wake up, and do something to protect ourselves, and our precious lands we need to survive on?

Sorry I cannot even trust them to protect the air we need to breath.

Yes. It is horrid here. It is just over the hills from my house, about 14-18 miles away. Praying for rain today. 30% chance according to the news. Just hold the lightning please.
The guys at work here (in Grants Pass) were just discussing the "good ole boys" going out and cutting fire lines ourselves. We are not the only ones either. The forestry seems to be more concerned with wildlife (like the animals are not losing their homes.) and not staring new fires then they seem care about the effects of the current fire on people.
Hopefully if some smoke cover clears they can get that 747 tanker dropping loads. They said it needed to finish up the fire it is fighting in California and then it will be sent here. That thing can drop a line of retardant 1 and 1/2 miles long! Like painting containment lines.
On a side note I suppose it's a good time to incinerate material. Being that nobody would notice the smoke and smell. (I'm kidding of course.)

Back