Drinking H2O2????

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldUser

Hey,
I know this is a gold refining forum but nearly everyone of us are using H2O2.
I cant belive this even a bit but I met someone who was trying to tell me that you can drink it diluted 0,5% - 1,5% to "heal/disinfect" you from the inside.
What happens when it breaks down in your stomache into Water and Oxygen? Doesn't those oxygen radicals attack your system badly? I just know that excess oxygen radicals in cells can induce cancer and other disease? Maby someone with more chemical knowledge can help me with this.
Its obvious that you should not drink such an oxidiser but "myths" like those start from something.
David

Yeah. Pretty much you "radicalize" yourself :p and as it suggest, it does not heal you or help you medically in any way. What it does in turn is creating a LOT of opportunity for mutations in your tissues, which ultimately can lead to many horrible things. Because radicals do not react very selectively.

That is why we use peroxide as disinfectant (altough it´s use is replaced with more effective chemicals) - it is unselective and kills everything in row. And your body is no exception.

We study hydroxyl and superoxide radicals in our university. Not very plesant things. From time I read about that and cooperated on the research, I never forget about importance of vitamin C. And as "light" smoker, that is even more pronounced.

Yeah. Pretty much you "radicalize" yourself :p and as it suggest, it does not heal you or help you medically in any way. What it does in turn is creating a LOT of opportunity for mutations in your tissues, which ultimately can lead to many horrible things. Because radicals do not react very selectively.

That is why we use peroxide as disinfectant (altough it´s use is replaced with more effective chemicals) - it is unselective and kills everything in row. And your body is no exception.

We study hydroxyl and superoxide radicals in our university. Not very plesant things. From time I read about that and cooperated on the research, I never forget about importance of vitamin C. And as "light" smoker, that is even more pronounced.

I have heard about this and known people who tried it for years. I have never known any of them that showed a noticeable change for the better in anyones health. I’m with orvi on this one, vitamin C has been proven beneficial.

I have heard about this and known people who tried it for years. I have never known any of them that showed a noticeable change for the better in anyones health. I’m with orvi on this one, vitamin C has been proven beneficial.
did they encounter any adverse side effects?

Basic laboratory etiquette dictates you try your best not to ingest anything in your lab.
Even if it is your mum's own baloney sandwich.
It will have been considered inedible once it crosses the lines of your lab.
We deal in heavy metals none of your laboratory reagents should be given to anyone to imbibe in.

H2O2 breaks down into dihydrogen monoxide at some point. Dihydrogen monoxide is a precursor to making H2O2.

One woman I knew pretty well started loosing weight at a rapid rate and needed a doctor to help stop it. She was using one drop per 20oz bottle of water and drinking two a day.

The only time I have had anything drink h2o2 was dogs and cats that got into rat poison give them about 1-2 tablespoons and watch them vomiting for 10-20 minutes but if done at first signs of poisoning great chance of full recovery

Possible Side Effects of Swallowing Hydrogen Peroxide​

Accidentally swallowing a small amount of hydrogen peroxide is usually okay and won’t cause much damage, but be on the lookout for certain side effects. These may include:

• Stomach pains or cramps
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Body aches
  • Chest pain
  • Burns
  • Bloated stomach
  • Nausea
If you have any of these symptoms after using hydrogen peroxide, talk with your health care provider.

Extreme Dangers of Hydrogen Peroxide​

The most dangerous side effects of drinking hydrogen peroxide can be simplified into three groups.

Direct caustic injury. When too much hydrogen peroxide is consumed, internal tissue in the throat or stomach is directly injured. Direct caustic injury could result in ulcers, mouth pain, vomiting, or stomach pain.

Oxygen gas formation. Also known as a gas embolism, oxygen gas formation can happen if you drink or clean a wound with hydrogen peroxide. Dangerous air bubbles form in your bloodstream and could cause side effects like chest pain, breathing difficulty, and disorientation.

Lipid peroxidation. Hydrogen peroxide can start a tissue-damaging reaction in certain parts of the body. Lipid peroxidation is associated with asthma, Parkinson’s disease, kidney damage, and more.

Before I go away on a dive trip I always put a 50% dilution of 3% off the shelf hydrogen peroxide in my ears to clear out excess ear wax. Works great for ear wax.
Did you know some mushrooms will keep you full for the rest of your life.
I hear Lion's Mane mushrooms are supposed to help with memory. I keep forgetting to take them though!

Hey,
I know this is a gold refining forum but nearly everyone of us are using H2O2.
I cant belive this even a bit but I met someone who was trying to tell me that you can drink it diluted 0,5% - 1,5% to "heal/disinfect" you from the inside.
What happens when it breaks down in your stomache into Water and Oxygen? Doesn't those oxygen radicals attack your system badly? I just know that excess oxygen radicals in cells can induce cancer and other disease? Maby someone with more chemical knowledge can help me with this.
Its obvious that you should not drink such an oxidiser but "myths" like those start from something.
David
H2O2 breaks down into H2O and O2.
It’s the free radicals with unpaired electrons that are bad like O(-)
But H2O2 is not good to ingest. I really question some naturopathic and holistic things not based on science. I don’t discount all of them, there’s a time and place for, let’s say, essential oils, but people take it too the extreme. As a dentist, I hear all kinds of questionable ideas.

H2O2 breaks down into H2O and O2.
It’s the free radicals with unpaired electrons that are bad like O(-)
But H2O2 is not good to ingest. I really question some naturopathic and holistic things not based on science. I don’t discount all of them, there’s a time and place for, let’s say, essential oils, but people take it too the extreme. As a dentist, I hear all kinds of questionable ideas.
I think O- and even hydroxyls are intermediate steps before stabilising in to water and O2.
The oxidation potentials of peroxide are only surpassed by O3 and Fluorine at 2.1 and 3.0 volts.

Per the bold print - the problem I have with this is that H2O2 does not only kill bad organic/living matter/tissue - it also kills good organic/living matter/tissue --- it does NOT know the difference between the good & the bad

If it is organic/living matter/tissue - it simply kills it - good & bad

Which is why many doctors no longer recommend H2O2 for open wounds - it kills the good living tissue around the wound - prolonging the healing of the wound & more scarring

Kurt

Back