Dutch Central Bank Admits Preparing for a New Gold Standard .....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought the idea behind a Dyson sphere was to harness all power of a star by covering it fully. It's a nice idea for a science-fiction story but in reality it's just a dream.

A rigid shell or even just a lattice work would fail because of the polar regions can not be held in place by centrifugal forces. It would just collapse down and twist apart as it got close to the star and the orbital velocities start to differ between parts of the shell.

The only thing that might hold up for a while is a ring around the star but a big problem is to keep the atmosphere in place. Walls over 100 km high would still loose atmosphere at a high rate and it would be quite the challenge to build... So a tube is the logical solution and we end up with a Dyson doughnut.

Well, metal is common but nitrogen and oxygen is also quite nice to have inside our doughnut. I think the Earthlings would be pissed off if we took their atmosphere, at least in the beginning.

https://xkcd.com/681/
But I think we are getting a bit off topic now. ;)

/Göran

I think its a highly realistic scenario that the gold standard comes back. The only thing needed is a distrust to currency and a wish for a stable resource based money system. Inflation is theft. Nothing else. When people understand this something will happened. In a gold based economy your gold gets more valuable by the time due to DEFLATION and there is not any major need to put it in the bank. Well, the banks hate this scenario and therefor oppose it.

The chart/math is pointing towards an increasingly potential unpleasant situation ....

GC41vNzWIAAUNUD.jpg

https://x.com/zerohedge/status/1742390346716209319?s=20

China have deflation now. It means the Chinese getting better purchasing power. But is it a result of lower export volumes or have the Chinese already taken steps toward a gold standard? Perhaps its a result of both. Perhaps just an overproduction capacity pressing prices. But one thing is sure. They like gold.

Back