Emptying my sacks at Christmas

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers:

<202.173 gms, but, >118.180 gms. So, 160.1765. 1/2 way between silversaddle and unclebenben.

You may ask why?

Because silversaddle used observation and deduction based upon his experience :D and unclebenben is going to be hanging around a Nashville bar for 4 days! :shock:

There's got to be middle ground somewhere. Plus anachronism will probably be draining his refrigerator during refining! :lol:

Procs:

0.00 gms

I haven't the foggiest idea and the refrigerator was emptied. :eek:

James

UncleBenBen said:
Hey Jon!

Im itching to see that shiny. You need me to swim across the pond and help out or what!?! :lol:

It is just to cold to swim that stretch, I have a decent kayak that hasn't been used in several years I could let you borrow. :lol:

OK the finger results are in.

Jerry rightly pointed out that a lot of the fingers weren't close cut, however I knew that given there were the telecoms finger in there this would have a positive effect on the yields. The total came out at 127.1g which makes the yield/Kg 4.1g.

Not bad overall given the condition of the raw product. Now, who was closest?

I must admit, those numbers surprise me. With good fingers still selling on E-bay between 80-100 dollars a pound, maybe you should have just sold them over there.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I do understand wanting to do them yourself though. Surprising, but cool. Let's see the finished product!!!

:G :G :G :G

Well effectively the fingers are being sold at more than they are worth, and knowingly so. If you're comfortable with that, then fair enough but it's not my style. No offence meant at all I promise. 8)

Your opinion is not wrong. But eBay is not just a village full of idiots. Some people just want to play and learn - hobbyists - as well as the genuinely greedy and the sucker. Also one man's trash is another man's treasure and an unmonopolised, supply/demand market will tend to regulate its own prices

I for one have bought a box of RAM with an expectation to recover gold to about 70% the value of its price. I just wanted to try it.
Sreetips often does this to produce his videos.

Back