For the Nay-Sayers......

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martyweil said:
If you don't mind sharing, where are you buying the computers from in such large lots? Was this from an auction?
Just keep asking around..... This one came from one of my ads, a guy that had been storing them for years....., had even moved them a couple times.....

martyweil said:
I'm looking for a similar size loads on a regular basis.
Me too..... :!:

MMFJ said:
Why didn't we do any more teardown than 24 computers? Well, there was the run to the scrap yard (we simply ran out of storage room and had to do it today - one of the real 'banes' of dealing with scrap of any sort, IMHO...), the other customers coming in and one of my guys had to go to the hospital this morning (severe back pains) even before he came in to work - haven't heard from him all day, but I'm sure he's being taking care of - and since I had to do his share of the work, I decided that was ENOUGH for the day! :!: (also, I've been in contact with another forum member that is interested in buying some of these computers, so we thought it best to wait for his answer before ripping them apart for just scrap!)

If you are short of space could you flatten the towers? Even just a little by standing/jumping on them could open up a lot of space, as well as enable a larger, less frequent run to the yard?

Just a thought. I am looking forward to the final breakdown.

gold drops said:
If you are short of space could you flatten the towers? Even just a little by standing/jumping on them could open up a lot of space, as well as enable a larger, less frequent run to the yard?

some of the metal cases come off in a U shape, which we flatten. Cases are built SOLID - amazing how tough the actually are (try it sometime....) - we even tried using the forklift and can't get them to crush more than a tiny bit - certainly not worth the cost of propane!

MMFJ said:
gold drops said:

some of the metal cases come off in a U shape, which we flatten. Cases are built SOLID - amazing how tough the actually are (try it sometime....) - we even tried using the forklift and can't get them to crush more than a tiny bit - certainly not worth the cost of propane!

You could buy yourself a 2 ton utility trailer, or a trailer with a hydraulic dump just load up and when its full haul it away. Also some yards will offer to drop a bin at your place for free. I prefer to do it myself so I see the scales.

Get yourself a sledge hammer. Strike at the corners. The cases won't be a problem anymore. Be sure to wear eye protection (or be prepared for flying debris). It also would be advised to wear ankle protection if you are not already "broken in". Stuff flies and you never know what lower extremity it will hit.

Awesome post! This is exactly what Ive been looking for.
And Im curious as to where you sell your boards?

kev19180 said:
Awesome post! This is exactly what Ive been looking for.
And Im curious as to where you sell your boards?
Lots of folks on this forum buy boards - you should take some more time to read posts (of the thousands that are here....) and use the Search box on the top right.

After you have read awhile, you'll have tons of 'insider tips' on gathering, processing and even refining your boards and e-waste into fine gold and/or quick cash.

All you have to invest is that one precious thing we all have too little of - time - the rest, is here, for free.

Thanks for this great post, i will wait for your number as i gather a nice load of computer.

I made a contact today in computer store, he give me all his scrap computers for free! And he will call me to pickup some when he have some other always for free.

Where are the results of this post. I read it in hot anticipation of the results.

In the end it felt like a kiss from my sister.

justme2 said:
Where are the results of this post. I read it in hot anticipation of the results.

In the end it felt like a kiss from my sister.
Welcome to the forum :shock:
Unfortunately you will find many threads that end this way :roll:

Back