Glucose Test Strips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was chlorox I use. I just check it and now it is tan color or light brown. Can't wait to see a small gold button.

Jack

Hi all,

There were 500 strips. And it stay yellow for over 24 hours. After 1 hour of adding SMB it started to turn clear the color of mud on the bottom of the jar. I will keep checking through out the day.

Jack

I sounds to me,like it redissolved by excess of chlorine. Does it smell? Then just warm it up a bit and let it stay longer. At 0,2g gold it is hard to us freshmen not to get an excess. Remember: 1g gold, about 1g nitric. I can't remember the relations for chlorine. But there won't be the great difference...just the one,that chlorox is only about 3% sodium hypochlorite compared to 70% HNO3 in conc.nitric.

No it don't smell like chlorine. It smell like Muriatic Acid. I will let you know the yield of my 500 strip when I get done.

The 900 silver strips I have I will have to find a way to refine them cause I don't have any Nitric Acid.

Jack

Hi all,

My wife receive her TRUEtest strips today and they went from Gold to Silver strips.

UPDATE: I had a mishap today my jar got hit today and lost about half is gone. I'm on my 2nd rinse and it looks like about 1 grams of powder I hope.

Thanks
Jack

Previously I was just a browser on this thread. Two weeks ago I told my wife about the gold and silver in test strips and she got a blank look on her face. She is a RN at a home healthcare agency. They get test strips given to them on a daily basis from patients families, pharm suppliers, ect. For the intent of giving them to patients who cant afford thier supplies. Well when the strips expire they cannot be given away. Thus the blank look on her face, three days prior she threw away twenty boxes! :shock:
And the trash had already been picked up.
She now brings them to me. I now have 6 boxes of gold, and 6 boxes of silver. I should have a very large collection fairly soon. These things expire every day.

I will now reread this entire thread.

Guess this incident will be a bonus for the future landfill miners! :lol:

Derek

Hi,

I just check my gold powder and it is stuck on the bottom of my jar. How can I fix it my problem?

When I start to add heat to melt it how long should it take to melt it?

Jack

jmdlcar said:
Hi,

I just check my gold powder and it is stuck on the bottom of my jar. How can I fix it my problem?

Jack
If you have gold powder, you have to dry it first. It'll stick to the glass as long as the gold is still wet. What you can do is take a flat wooden stick or similar, like a shish kabob stick a move it enough to release from the wet part of the glass. Once it release from the wet part of the glass, while on the heat, turn the glass with the powder moving around to pass over the stuck powder. move it back and forth and the wet powder will release from the glass because the dry powder will absorb the moisture and you'll add more dry gold to the already flowing gold powder. Keep doing that until all the gold is not around the walls or stuck to the bottom of the glass.

Melting. It depends on how much gold powder you have and how your melting setup is setup. Are you using Propane or MAPP gas. What type of melting dish do you have? How windy or cold is it where you're at? All of those factors will determine how long it will take to actually see your gold powder melt into a blob of liquid.

Kevin

Hi all,

I haven't forgot about the strips but the yield don't sound to good. I'm going to try and get a few hundred more tell I do my test. If the yields are not good at lease some Gold is better then none.

Thanks
Jack

jmdlcar said:
Hi,

Jack

After you dropped the gold, you decanted the liquid off the top (and tested the liquid first with stannous), then did you boil (3) times with HCl and (3) times with water? I find that after I decant the liquid and boil for 5 minutes with HCl, that frees up the gold powder from the bottom. Every subsequent boil frees it up more. The water gets rid of the salts and then it shouldn't really stick to anything anymore. I kind of knock it around as it is drying to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom.

Be careful with using anything to "unstick" it from the bottom, if you use a glass rod, you can knock it aruond but then you'll have some stuck to the glass rod you can usually use a spray bottle and carefully spray the gold back into the beaker.

Well its been a while for this but I remove the glue on 1000 strips with my fingers. And the other 1000 strips I use HCL to remove the glue its not done yet. In a few days I will do 2000 strips with HCL/CL. I'll take some pictures if I'm able to do it. When I'm ready for the next I'll be back.

Jack

Hi all,

This is what I got so far out of 1000 strips.

Jack

Attachments

• 0924131512.jpg
    0924131512.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 144
Here Is some more pictures. Any help would be great. All you seen here was 2000 strips

Attachments

• Picture006.jpg
    Picture006.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture004.jpg
    Picture004.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture003.jpg
    Picture003.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 117
Right now I don't need any help. I just wanted to show what I did so far. If someone see something wrong I hope they will say something to me. This is the first time I got so far with refining. The last 3 picture were Glucose test strips the total was 2000. The first 2 was drop with SMB. The other was not drop yet.

solar_plasma said:
Pease tell us your yield, when you have finished and tell which brand of strips you processed.
I put both jar into 1 jar. All the strips were ACCU-Chek. I will let you know the yeild. I will take another picture later if I can.

Back