Gold bearing material

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,
What should a pound of gold fingers run in today's market? As in, what should we be paying average?

Also gold plated RF material per pound and Cer. EPROMS? Plastic EPROMS?

CHEERS!!!
Are you asking because you want to buy or sell 😆 .

You can look at the prices that are posted on boardsort, that in my opinion is a fair price as far as how much gold can be recovered from them.

If you can get them cheaper then even better.

If you want to sell just about anything that can be refined for gold then check eBay for outlandish prices.

I don't buy much from ebay these days because people will put out ridiculous bids way more than it's worth so that is probably the best place for selling things like gold fingers or anything that has gold even more when the price of gold moves up.

Are you asking because you want to buy or sell 😆 .

You can look at the prices that are posted on boardsort, that in my opinion is a fair price as far as how much gold can be recovered from them.

If you can get them cheaper then even better.

If you want to sell just about anything that can be refined for gold then check eBay for outlandish prices.

I don't buy much from ebay these days because people will put out ridiculous bids way more than it's worth so that is probably the best place for selling things like gold fingers or anything that has gold even more when the price of gold moves up.
Thank you so much. A man I know has a lot of fingers, RF and eproms. But wants 135 a pound for the gold fingers and to me it seems a bit high? I could be wrong?

If you are new to recovery and refining paying over the value to get material to practice on can be worthwhile , fingers are the best material to start with as they are fairly simple , as a general rule anything on eBay is way overpriced so I wouldn’t waste too much time looking there .
For many finding material to process is the hardest part of the whole hobby , we have many posts asking where to find material and many replies but only you know what is available in your area.

If you are new to recovery and refining paying over the value to get material to practice on can be worthwhile , fingers are the best material to start with as they are fairly simple , as a general rule anything on eBay is way overpriced so I wouldn’t waste too much time looking there .
For many finding material to process is the hardest part of the whole hobby , we have many posts asking where to find material and many replies but only you know what is available in your area.
Thank you I am very appreciative of this. It happens to be a fellow veteran who sells materials. But 135 for one pound of fingers seems a bit high. I could be wrong but I would appreciate any education on this?

Based on his pricing you would need to recover 1.9 grams of gold per pound to recoup your outlay but that doesn’t include chemicals etc , it may be worth trying a pound and see what you can recover .

OK, OK, Ok........ Now that 3/4 of the first page of this post is a bunch of banter, let's get back on point.

1 pound of good, close cut fingers will bring about 150-170 a pound on ebay. There is one seller who has them listed at 150 a pound and is selling them. I'm sure someone is going to come along and complain about sending sellers off page, but it's the best answer for the OP's question. It's a sellers market right now. And as long as we keep seeing this upward trend in gold, prices on all gold bearing materials will increase. Good time to be a seller.

OK, OK, Ok........ Now that 3/4 of the first page of this post is a bunch of banter, let's get back on point.

1 pound of good, close cut fingers will bring about 150-170 a pound on ebay. There is one seller who has them listed at 150 a pound and is selling them. I'm sure someone is going to come along and complain about sending sellers off page, but it's the best answer for the OP's question. It's a sellers market right now. And as long as we keep seeing this upward trend in gold, prices on all gold bearing materials will increase. Good time to be a seller.
The OP is asking what is a good price to buy at - not what is a good price to sell at

Buying at the ebay prices will NOT allow for any profit & in fact will result in lost money (pay more then the value that can be recovered)
As in, what should we be paying average?
So he looking for a good price to buy at (& I assume make some money on top of what he pays)

Kurt

The OP is asking what is a good price to buy at - not what is a good price to sell at

Buying at the ebay prices will NOT allow for any profit & in fact will result in lost money (pay more then the value that can be recovered)

So he looking for a good price to buy at (& I assume make some money on top of what he pays)

Kurt
My bad, guess after reading all the other stuff I got off point. I don't think anyone is going to get a bargin on fingers anytime soon.

In order to have a sustainable income from gold recovery you need to be buying at no more than 75% of the expected yield. That's assuming your processes are well understood, slick and you have enough raw material to justify switching on your lab.

If you're doing it as a hobby to see gold then obviously that's a different ballgame however many of the "buys" out there might as well be a straight gold purchase.

Hello all,
What should a pound of gold fingers run in today's market? As in, what should we be paying average?

CHEERS!!!
In Ukraine, where purchases of radio components and connectors have existed since the end of the last century, the average price is:
for gold 70-80% of the content
for silver 50% of the content....
private refiners can work for 10-15% of the gold yield from the material.....
at auctions on the Internet, I often see that people are willing to pay 100% or even higher of the precious metals content.

perhaps this is an investment in precious metals,or maybe it's just excitement :)

Thank you for the information my friend. Here's the photo I was sent. I think he's done well trimming them. I believe finding fair value for both of us is what I'm after.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325_134706_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325_134706_eBay.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 1
I agree if you are "buying" them as they "tend" to sell for MORE then the value of the gold on them

About the only real bargain you will get is to get complete computers for free & then tear out the boards & cut the fingers off the boards ;) ;)

Kurt
I agree with that as well Kurt. I had a buddy after spending a ton of time handing out info cards to pickup free mat at local businesses. He was a computer repair fella. Main would give me literally a full 10ft box truck of material. Some time ago he relocated. Really miss that hahaha. But I am grateful he found it worth his while, to give me all he did. Was a great score and I got a friend out of it. So I was grateful.
Now days I just keep it as a side hobby when my business is in the off season. But I learn every time I do a process and for that I am also grateful for even if i lose a tad of money.

In order to have a sustainable income from gold recovery you need to be buying at no more than 75% of the expected yield. That's assuming your processes are well understood, slick and you have enough raw material to justify switching on your lab.

If you're doing it as a hobby to see gold then obviously that's a different ballgame however many of the "buys" out there might as well be a straight gold purchase.
I strongly agree as well my friend and thank you for the knowledge

My bad, guess after reading all the other stuff I got off point. I don't think anyone is going to get a bargin on fingers anytime soon.
I don't believe so either haha But I would like to see somewhat fairness on both ends. I could be asking too much there haha. But I told him I would give his information to the forum if he didn't mind and he was grateful. He a fellow veteran so I offered to help spread the word, I just want it to be fair for everyone here before posting. If that makes sense.

Thank you for the information my friend. Here's the photo I was sent. I think he's done well trimming them. I believe finding fair value for both of us is what I'm after.

A pound of fingers like in the pic should yield very close to (plus/minus) 1.5 grams --- so "about" $105 at current spot gold price

Kurt

Cer. EPROMS?

If you are talking about chips like these -----------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1763046244...ljbxYlR3AjmGF0afH3kM+YPQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5Ce2qPPYw

don't waste your time (or money) yield on these chips is only about one tenth gram (or less) per pound - some of them only have a small gold foil under the silicon die - some of them have NO gold at all in them

If you are talking about ceramic chips like these ---------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1454245874...rs7mMTxYikn2FcmRR1uMMekHReoU|tkp:BFBMkp7ao89j

These are HIGH value (yield) chips - can't give you any real numbers because they will very depending on type (as shown in pic) but they are HIGH yield
Plastic EPROMS?
If you are talking about these -------

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=dip+ic+chips&FORM=MOPSAB&originIGUID=4A8E910E9F624D6492332E6338002651

Again - VERY LOW yield - only about one tenth gram per pound - the only time I will even consider processing these is if I am processing a 50 - 60 pound batch of "higher" yielding chips - in which case if I happen to have 1 or 2 pounds of these I will throw them in with the much bigger batch of higher yield chips

If you want to get an idea of yield values for the different types of epoxy IC chips read this thread

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...ic-types-of-ic-chips-flatpacks-and-bga.22951/

Kurt

Hey Ku
If you are talking about chips like these -----------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176304624434?itmmeta=01HSX3PHVW68BS3YK52A46BJCG&hash=item290c931332:g:5AcAAOSwgalmAcgK&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAAwBpCEAMQVSCY46fEMsDaD5lqdDEpGDAlIutsWlWKowj3HGt/OrQmj8AZUypEtakp/cX9QuxzjwbpAw0u92AH/CuU9DQvpquQu+iVM6fxTaPT9eDGyKMke2ZB9DZD6I9Ep3aSTqtuULwOy2cnVYtpf6V2LoIT8eBUxuTF8l/GVPfG7t71Igu2Qcxhn1VTpikSMhLZ/9JDIdhoaLemO22C5NxRgy3Yu70j3jm3E6Co7cljbxYlR3AjmGF0afH3kM+YPQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5Ce2qPPYw

don't waste your time (or money) yield on these chips is only about one tenth gram (or less) per pound - some of them only have a small gold foil under the silicon die - some of them have NO gold at all in them

If you are talking about ceramic chips like these ---------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145424587489?itmmeta=01HSX3PHVWFVNKR1RRHAJY7NTF&hash=item21dbfb1ae1:g:9e0AAOSwLdFlTQeu&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4BKsWoHCz6NqrVOpqf6h31tlu3uYMeJJ6PBRlyBUaDgOYn2B3xOutqAJg8TJbdJEXNwwO+RQ7fz4mLzkJ9vidYiDkYffs2O20GS2V5aXJz1H+C7fclVTjNPm6hegE6Usgra3hwGbos/ijXx/4suudmAqgcXdJ5F0L7LZuqExucy2HXDA5lSvnfXPSwMb0WNfVWhAknVC1y2wahDEgENUrVq4HBZB+u6jJdI7NWMYzSdmJunpyGVF8qg7R5XKPz9qMDZe3onrCp8X+UQNrs7mMTxYikn2FcmRR1uMMekHReoU|tkp:BFBMkp7ao89j

These are HIGH value (yield) chips - can't give you any real numbers because they will very depending on type (as shown in pic) but they are HIGH yield

If you are talking about these -------

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=dip+ic+chips&FORM=MOPSAB&originIGUID=4A8E910E9F624D6492332E6338002651

Again - VERY LOW yield - only about one tenth gram per pound - the only time I will even consider processing these is if I am processing a 50 - 60 pound batch of "higher" yielding chips - in which case if I happen to have 1 or 2 pounds of these I will throw them in with the much bigger batch of higher yield chips

If you want to get an idea of yield values for the different types of epoxy IC chips read this thread

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...ic-types-of-ic-chips-flatpacks-and-bga.22951/
Hey Kurt!!
Thank you so much for all that information! I am very grateful and will be reading about those epoxy ones directly.
Thanks again my friend!!

Hello all,

CHEERS!!!
As per Chatgpt

"Gold fingers: 13,39 €/kg (for Class 1-A PCBs), gold plated RF material: similar to Class 1-A or 1-B PCBs, Ceramic EPROMs: 3,01 €/kg (Class 1-C PCBs), Plastic EPROMs: also around 3,01 €/kg."

Back