Gold extraction from ore concentrate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like XRF done on ore and I can prove that the percentages are too high.

The total amount of the analyze is close to 100% but there are no oxide, sulfide or silicon reported, the numbers shows an alloy with mainly iron. But ore contains oxides, silicates and sulfides so the numbers are off by quite a lot. The pictures looks like a complex sulfide ore.

I couldn't see any numbers for Si or Ca either. That means that there are no quartz or carbonates reported in the result, so the white stuff in the rocks are not accounted for either.

Göran

Ok DarkspARKS

Here we go again - for the third time (in three threads now) you post XRF read outs on your ore with the claim that you have found ore high in PGMs (or PGEs)

And as has already been said - XRF read out on ore's "can not" be trusted & is most likely telling you LIES & that if you really want to know what you have you need to have a PROPER assay done- including the earlier advise posted by Deano in this thread - Deano being someone the worked his entire life in the mining industry

Now I am not saying the ore you have has (or does not) have PGMs - all I am saying is you "can NOT" trust XRF read out on ore - you NEED a "true" - & "proper" assay --- other wise you are "fooling" no one other then yourself

Lets take a realistic mathematical look at the claims of this ore - according to the XRF read outs

In the claim of the highest read out - it claims 3.44 % PGMs (& .521% gold)

This is the "actual" ore (rock) & NOT concentrates - so it's claiming the percent of metal per ton of ore

so 2,000 pounds of ore X .0344 (3.44%) = 68.8 pounds PGMs
68.8 pounds PGMs X 454 grams/pound = 31,235.2 grams PGMs
31,235.2 grams divided by 31.1 grams/ozt = 1,004.347 ozt PGMs

2,000 pounds ore X .00521 (.521%) gold = 10.42 pounds gold
10.42 pounds gold X 454 grams/pound = 4,730.68 grams gold
4,730.68 divided by 31.1 grams/ozt = 152.111 ozt gold

Lets do a bit more math - based on processing ONLY one ton ore per day

at 152 ozt per ton (gold) X $1,500/ozt = $228,000/ton X 365 days/year = $83,220,000/year

Pd (@.734%) = $150,415,872/year

Pt (@995%) = $102,215,895/year

Rh (@673%) = $400,191,248/year

for a total of $736,043,015/year --- Lets call it 3/4 Billion per year with processing ONLY one ton per day (VERY small operation)

Looks to me like you just found the worlds largest deposit of gold & PGMs & your are soon on your way to becoming one of the worlds richest persons

The problem is - those numbers are NOT even CLOSE to realistic (according to your XRF read outs)

Get some TRUE & PROPER assays done & then tell us what you REALLY have :!: :!: :!:

Kurt

Oh - & by the way spARCS --- I "may" be able to help you out with these ore samples

I happen to be a personal friend of a professor at the University of Nevada (Reno) Mackay School of Earth Sciences & Engineering where he teaches a number of classes related to the mining industry as well as has a number of his own patents on "large" scale (mining) leaching systems & does consulting with companies around the world in both PM mining & rear earth mining - the last time I talked with him (about 5 -6 weeks ago) he was doing some consulting with Tesla about rare earth mining

I know him because he owns the patented Copperopolis mine here in Eastern Oregon which is only about 15 -16 miles from my house & when I first moved here I was looking into being the care taker of his cabin on the Copperopolis

Send me your samples - along with the XRF read out for each sample - AND - the location of the mines the samples came from --- or at the "very least" the names of "near by" well known mines

OR - I can contact him to see if it is ok if you contact him directly

Kurt

Not meaning to hijack the tread, kurtak, but how are things in beautiful downtown John Day? I love the area, but have had a very short leash since the stroke several years ago, and have not been that way since long before you moved there.

spARCS, you have several professional miners with quite a lot of practical experience out your way. Several dozen mining consultants in the Las Vegas area alone. If this is anywhere near as rich as you believe, a good consultant is easily worth his weight in gold.

That said, I am with kurtak (and several others) on this. Get some good assays. You will have to pay the professionals, but that is a cost of doing business.

Time for more coffee.

Back