Gold Recover from Sim

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like you may have dissolved some of the gold. Do you have stannous chloride to test the solution? You did save the solution didn't you?

NO Mr Geo i have try only to remove the top in Vinegar+sea salt+ hydrogen peroxide solution
i have follow the kadriver video tutorial but my experiment is fail in bulk qty .i don't have chloride to test
now i m going for next experiment let see what happen again :shock:

And why is that? What made you think that shredding them is necessary?
You got link to 2 fast easy process how to deal with exactly this kind of material in a first 2 replies to your question.
Shredding them is pointless exercise when incineration after plating recovery would do the same job even better.
You do have to incinerate them anyway to recover most of the gold which is there in form of bonding wires.

hey mr patnor first of all thanks for ur kind support i understand all support & knowledge which i get from this forum & from people like u i m very happy to join this forum people r here very supportive & creative mind .. :)

now my problem is different i m from pakistan & i m doing job in uae here all chemical is banned only allow for authorized companies.. for me only one option is available to do with safe experiment Vinegar+sea salt+ hydrogen peroxide solution but this is fail in bulk qty :cry:

2nd option to move this material to my country ... company allow me to take .sim is already with rejected hole
but for security issue my company want to shred this one if i m moving same where that why i have shred this cargo service also charge less if material in scrap form ... :shock:

so there is alot of reason that why i have shred 8)

once material will be transfer then i will start for recovery 8)

can you use 6% hydrogen peroxide or 3% that is also mixed with BP like they sell for disinfectant applications on wounds will that work, or do you need to use 30% hydrogen peroxide and where do you get that from and is it dangerous do you need to wear goggles gloves and some protective outfit?
Thank you
will salt and vinegar alone work and is it to soak for 2 weeks eg?

Thanks

anwar_z83 said:
hey guy i m sharing my experience

i have learn way from youtube sreetips video Vinegar solution
I have try Vinegar+sea salt+ hydrogen peroxide
deep sim for 3 days almost 70 hours

result below here :mrgreen:

Your material after filtering still does contain bulk of your gold. That is because resin used in production does not bode well with nitric acid. It swell and bulk up possibly encapsulating tiny bonding wires present inside.

Incinerate all of that. Like completely so only white crumbling dust remain.
Then use mortar and pestle to crush all of it.
Wash with water, keep wash water, it will be slightly acidic.

Treatment of wash water:
Slowly evaporate 80-90% of that wash water and add small amount of AR there and test it with stannous. If there will be gold present then keep it on heat for a while till no reaction can be observed from mud on the bottom, neutralize remaining nitric with sulfamic acid filter and drop gold from a filtered liquid.

Treatment of crushed material:
Use HCl to cover material and add Nitric in small increments like few ml at a time. Do it on a hotplate on a medium heat, stirring from time to time. Stop adding Nitric when no reaction is observed. Neutralize Nitric with sulfamic acid filter and drop gold.

As for your original drop test it with stannous. You most likely did not neutralize nitric if no gold is dropping out of solution. Stannous test will show if it is still in solution. You did classical newbie mistake using insane amounts of acid. 2 liter is way too much you should accomplish all of what you did in just 1/10th of that.
If stannous show gold in solution then keep the solution on medium heat and try to evaporate 75% of it. Heat will assist with eliminating free nitric. Then use a bit of sulfamic acid just to be safe and try to drop gold again. There will not be much of it there as most of your gold will be still in your material as I said before.

Thanks Patnor for kind support i have try 3 time but my experiment is fail :( :?
soon i will upload more picture try to understand more to do better way

Back