Gold recovery from phone cells

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time i work on 200 pice of cell phones,,,i use ap method in this time,,,after 4 day i get good ammount of gold foils with gray slug,,i wash them with hcl,,and use AR solution to desolve gold,,i use 80 ml hcl and 1 ml nitric,,,after that i filter it,,,use urea. And smb,,,,lot of gold powder are precipted out,,,but solution colour say still gold has in solution,,so i start to heat the solution,,,boil over,,,,,varry thik gold powder are precipted,,,i boil som more,,,,than my gold has gone,,,i use smb again,,but nuthing to precipted,,,solution colour is dark coffi colour,,,i put solutin to cool down,,,nuthing precipted after cool down the solution,,,than i use ferrous sulfate methode,,,but faild again,,,sttenous test is negtive at starting,,,and negtive at last,,,pls help

I suspect that most of his gold went away with smoke when he first "burned" boards. It was most likely thick black smoke which carried out most of the minuscule amount of gold plated on boards as they burned.
Whatever small amount which survived this, is stuck on bits of metals as boards can contain up to 40% copper by weight. It will not be recovered unless every last bit of it will be dissolved.

I personally think it is not worth to chase that gold - there is not enough of it left after "burning" anyway. Not to mention that majority of gold in cell phone is in components and not board itself.

hi guys,
I did second experiment on processor, I took 20 processor and put it in nitric acid and got gold is floated in water with few hrs and i rinse it with tap water and i remove other metals with magnet and try to melt it but i dont get any thing from it. I dont know why? Please experts advice me, Why it just happen?

Naresh said:
This time i work on 200 pice of cell phones,,,i use ap method in this time,,,after 4 day i get good ammount of gold foils with gray slug,,i wash them with hcl,,and use AR solution to desolve gold,,i use 80 ml hcl and 1 ml nitric,,,after that i filter it,,,use urea. And smb,,,,lot of gold powder are precipted out,,,but solution colour say still gold has in solution,,so i start to heat the solution,,,boil over,,,,,varry thik gold powder are precipted,,,i boil som more,,,,than my gold has gone,,,i use smb again,,but nuthing to precipted,,,solution colour is dark coffi colour,,,i put solutin to cool down,,,nuthing precipted after cool down the solution,,,than i use ferrous sulfate methode,,,but faild again,,,sttenous test is negtive at starting,,,and negtive at last,,,pls help
Naresh you proceed 200 pcs of cellphone boards, in 80 ml Hcl and 1 ml HNo3?
How you did it? Is that amount of AR was enough to cover all 200 pcs?!

Naresh said:
Thanks for reply
I m working on gold recovery from last 2 years,,,but cell phone recovery is not done by me,,,i see the video from a good gold recovery channel,,,and follow them,,,they also doing same process in video,,i commented on his video,,,why not remove tin first,,but there is no reply from him,,,so i continue the same process show in his video,,, that is not subject
What i m wrong
I know i m wrong
But qustion is where is gold
In solution
Or in bords
Or in filter papers
Can any body tell me
Thanks

Naresh, as you are calling this You-tube site a good one, look at his intro: someone that needs to paint rocks gold colored, is highly questionable imo. His goal is not to educate, but to get 'rich' on You-tube ads…
his site: https://www.youtube.com/c/goldrecovery
screenshot:
FAKE GOLD.jpg

Why is there no reply from him? well, maybe he is a very busy man, or maybe he does not know why? Or maybe he is not interested in eduacting us?

New Members: please forget You tube as a reliable source of info!!

Back