Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the books guys... So many things to still learn, and less than half a lifetime left...

breeder reactor... mmmmm... Uranium or Thorium?. :lol:

This is my copy of this excellent book, printed and bound by one of the big office supply stores for a very reasonable sum. Thanks again.

Attachments

• ebay4 003.jpg
    ebay4 003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 460
Comparing crease and scratch marks on the cover of your printed copy with my copy on the computer, it's apparent that they are the same. Perhaps all internet versions originated from one copy uploaded by an anonymous individual. Certainly a nice, well-illustrated book. The "Golden" in the title suggests a book for children, though some of the experiments are at high school or college level. Reading it bought back memories of being a kid and going into the local drug store and buying a variety of useful chemicals, particularly potassium nitrate.

Drimacus said:
Comparing crease and scratch marks on the cover of your printed copy with my copy on the computer, it's apparent that they are the same. Perhaps all internet versions originated from one copy uploaded by an anonymous individual. Certainly a nice, well-illustrated book. The "Golden" in the title suggests a book for children, though some of the experiments are at high school or college level. Reading it bought back memories of being a kid and going into the local drug store and buying a variety of useful chemicals, particularly potassium nitrate.

I remember one summer as a young teen, on my fourth trip to the local drug store to get sulfur and posassium nitrate the clerk finally decided to ask me what I was using it for. :lol:

If you like: The Laboratory Companion.pdf
you may be interested in the book the excerpt is from,
Granddad's Wonderful Book of Chemistry BY Kurt Saxon
available at archive.org
It is 436 pages, and 97.5MB.

It is a collection of 7 different works:
. Dictionary of Old-Fashioned Terms and Synonyms
. Chemical Magic with Full Explanations, including "Patter," for giving an Entertainment BY V. E. Johnson (1920)
. How to Make - and Use a Small Chemical Laboratory BY Raymond Francis Yates (1926)
. The Medical Students Manual of Chemistry BY R A. Witthaus (1887)
. Dick's Encyclopedia of Practical Receipts and Processes (1872)
. The Scientific American Cyclopedia (1925)
. Elements of Glass-Blowing BY H. P. Waran (1923)

I know I'm raising this topic from the dead, but I just have to post this: THANK YOU! to everyone who added books to this and other great topics here.
The amount of knowledge in these few pages is simply amazing for me. :)

Back