Heat panels - ceramic imbedded coils furnace build questions ideas .

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mech

I picked up a box of ceramic panels - with coils imbedded .
Different sizes 4"x7" ,5x6 , 12 x 6 and more , most have printed labels on the back like 300watts 57.5 volts 10.2 Ohms , 475watts 115volts 25.8 Ohms to mention a few .
Want to build a furnace or two , anybody with info - like what kind of heat some of these can make etc. ?

Attachments

• IMG_0197 2.jpeg
    IMG_0197 2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
i think the most important thing is what are the wires made of? is that written on the labels; If it's Nickel Chrome wire, they can go up to 2550 degrees F, or 1400 degrees C. It will depend on the exact alloy. and you can only melt metals with that or use it to cupel, not for smelting with fluxes.

i think the most important thing is what are the wires made of? is that written on the labels; If it's Nickel Chrome wire, they can go up to 2550 degrees F, or 1400 degrees C. It will depend on the exact alloy. and you can only melt metals with that or use it to cupel, not for smelting with fluxes.
I can't be sure , but there was a spole of 18ga nickel chrome wire .
I do not plan of refining at this time - no space of a vacumm hood yet .
My 1st project is to burn off organics from ICs .
With number of panels I have , a secound unit would be use to make a heater / rotisserie to drop chips off of memory sticks .
Both of which I plan on having programable temp for burning off then melting , so in the area of 700-800F & about 2100F .

Back