HELP PLEASE!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you allow him to be, Harold is quite the mentor to us all.
Lay down your pride and receive what is freely offered here
or get your feathers all ruffled and keep the "I'm getting lectured"
attitude which will get you nowhere here. :shock:

Believe it or not, Harold and the rest of us are trying to help. You just are so convinced that there's gold dissolved in that solution, you won't listen. So far, everyone has told you the same thing, that that is impossible. Everyone knows that to be true because we all have experience with using a sulfuric stripper.

Looking at the pics, I see no gold in that solution and, if it's truly a sulfuric stripping solution, you would be able to see the black gold. There will be zero gold in a clear sulfuric solution, no matter what color it is. That's just the way it is. No Black - No Gold! You say you have more than a couple of grains of gold. If so, what did you do with it? It's certainly not in that solution. Once you accept that, you can go forward.

I asked some questions before but got no answers from you. You said earlier that you filtered some solution with coffee filters and got a tar like material from it. If you truly are using sulfuric of from, say, 90% to 96% strength, it would be impossible to filter undiluted sulfuric without burning the filter paper. When you do this, the paper immediately falls apart and chars and you see a gummy black tar-like substance, which is carbon. Tell us how you made up the solution. Where did you get the sulfuric and how do you know it was of the proper strength?

In your mind, what exactly is a Wohlwill process?

Earlier in this thread, lazersteve gave you a link with some photos of it. Did you look at the first two photos in that thread. See the black. That's gold. See Spot run and jump. If there's gold in your solution, why doesn't it look like those photos? Here's the link again. Look at the first 2 photos.
Black Powder from Cell

Kic,
I'll not lecture you but only tell you this; I joined this forum Oct. 2009 so I am a noob. I had my first blunder in that month, I stopped what I was doing and in my mind gave up, posted so in the forum. In doing so found that the people here would have no part of me being a failure. We went into private mode and I became a student and my soon to be friend became my teacher. I would tell him every single thing I did to get where I was at and he came up with a plan to fix it. Every day we sent emails back and forth, him telling me step by step what needed to be done, me telling him what the results were. In the end I came out smelling like a rose... With a great friend, mentor, pure gold and a new understanding of this world of gold... None of this could have happened if I had not humbled myself first. So my advise is... First: Admit to yourself you don't know as much as you thought you did or you would have your gold in your hands. Second: Read some more of this forum so you can find a member that you believe in. Third and finaly: Ask that person to walk you through your steps in private. So that you can avoid comming off as a know-nothing know-it-all who should not comment toward great people as if you know-no better. This is a great forum I look forward to you becoming a contributing member.

p.s. Here is proof I know more now: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6152

I would like to know how many, and what type CPUs you have done in that solution. And how much gold you are expecting from the amount of CPUs.
Jim

kic209 said:
Sir I am quite aware of the sulfuric and persulfuric acid concept, obvioulsy I had to get passed that equation in my formula to end up and this point in the first place. So if you intent is to lecture you prolly shouldnt waste your time. Now if you possibly feel like maybe offering a solution or an idea, now that would be jus great. And I can pretty much gurantee I have more that just a couple of grains. But thanks for the assement.
Sure. No problem.

It's clear that you know way too much to have me be of benefit. I'll ignore any of your questions in the future, in the hopes I don't dumb down all of your superior knowledge.

What I find funny is that in all your wisdom, you can't grasp the most simple of concepts, and insist on chasing your tail. To that, all I can say is, "happy hunting".

Harold

kic209:

Three men,with a huge experience in gold recovery and refining have told you that the sulphuric acid did not dissolve gold.You must belive them,Why?,here is the answer:

LazerSteve,the Gratest of this Forum,has posted all the information about the Sulphuric Cell Process for Gold,whatever Steve says is "MAGISTER DIXIE"(told by the teacher) and needs no prove.

Harold_V,a man who in my opinion is a Genius,has told you the truth about persulphuric acid and gold.Harold_V has devoted much of his life to refine gold,before you were born he was already working with this process.

GSP,a man who worths his weight in gold because his willingness to share his great lifetime hands on experience in precious metal recover/recycle,GSP has told you that sulphuric acid did not dissolve gold because he has checked this process many years ago.

You can disagree with these nice getlemen but then you have to prove your hypothesis.In this Forum we have an open mind for new processes then open your own mind to those processes that have proven to work well and have been developed by LazerSteve,Harold_V and GSP.

Best regards.

Manuel

He said he was using stainless steel for a cathode. Do you reckon he used diluted sulfuric and the gold color he's seeing is what iron that has dissolved in solution? That would explain how he filtered it.

Good Morning everybody. I want to start off this post apologizing to Harold V for me snapping back at him when indeed all he was trying to do is educate me. So Harold I am truly sorry if you were offended. And the same goes to everybody else if I happen to do so because that definatly was not my intent.

Sir I am quite aware of the sulfuric and persulfuric acid concept, obvioulsy I had to get passed that equation in my formula to end up and this point in the first place. So if you intent is to lecture you prolly shouldnt waste your time. Now if you possibly feel like maybe offering a solution or an idea, now that would be jus great. And I can pretty much gurantee I have more that just a couple of grains. But thanks for the assement.

It should be noted that smart responses like this generally result in the reader being ignored by everyone. You came here seeking knowledge, but it's obvious that what you are looking for is validation of a stupid concept. That isn't going to happen. Not now, not tomorrow. You may have burned your bridges with your smarter than thou attitude.
Harold

Now is this the example you would like to set for other newbies who are interested in the art of refining. Harold I took personal offense to your response, whenall I was asking was a question. I didnt understand what you guys were "techinaly" saying. I understand that now. But isnt that what this forum is for? All I requested was not a lecture but maybe offer some sort of solution or different approach. You chose to insult me. Its a good thing that I believed in my "stupid" conept because your comment pretty much crushed my confidence. I even apologized for offending Harold and everybody else if I had done so. Harold you chose not to acknowldge it. Now I wont go into a little chat room pissing match between to grown adullts. I will say this, Harold the next time you think about refering to my "concept" as stupid, I would invite you to come on over to California and let me know that in person. I'm pretty sure this stupid concept of mine actually just might work. I went back and tried a different approach and eventually figured it out. So on that note, Harold I offer you a truce and a handshake, I am sure you are quite knowledgable in this field and I could learn alot. Your a grown man I will leave the decsion up to you, but if you choose not to accept this then I gladly will burn my own part of the "bridge". With that I will end. Hope everybody has a good night.

kic209 said:

It should be noted that smart responses like this generally result in the reader being ignored by everyone. You came here seeking knowledge, but it's obvious that what you are looking for is validation of a stupid concept. That isn't going to happen. Not now, not tomorrow. You may have burned your bridges with your smarter than thou attitude.
Harold

Now is this the example you would like to set for other newbies who are interested in the art of refining.
Yes, it indeed is the example I'd like to set for newbies. As you progress, you will come to understand why.

Harold I took personal offense to your response, whenall I was asking was a question. I didnt understand what you guys were "techinaly" saying. I understand that now. But isnt that what this forum is for?
So we are on the same page, my rebuttal to that is that you were not asking a question, you were looking for someone to validate what was a bad idea. It still is. You wanted someone to tell you how to recover gold from a sulfuric acid solution. I can't do that, nor can anyone else, because anyone that understands the nature of sulfuric acid and its interaction with gold will tell you, just like they have told you time and again, that sulfuric acid in and of itself will not put gold in solution. It simply can't do that. That was explained to you by every member of this board that has experience with stripping cells, as well as by me, in spite of my not having operated a sulfuric cell. I was wise enough to read the basis of operation and to understand what transpired. I was trying to convey that information to you----but you were looking for someone to validate your idea.

You were not interested then, nor are you now, in the truth, so I see no point in furthering this conversation with you. I will suggest to you that you lose your attitude and start behaving as if you have interest in learning to refine. I will warn you no further. I will ban you if you persist. We, as a group, do not allow bickering on this forum, nor do we welcome those that have an attitude.

Please do rememeber that it was you that displayed rudeness, not me. You set the ground rules, I was simply playing the game you preferred. Most people don't like that, just as you don't like it when it's used against you. You might keep that in mind the next time you go begging for help.

Harold

Wow I can honestly say I didnt think you would put that much effort into a rebuttle to fuel this ego trip you are on sir. And yes I do understand that gold is not solutable in sulfuric acid. That is why you must put voltage to make it persulfuric. Correct? Lets make it clear that I understand that. And actually sir there is a way to extract the gold, you dilude it.... basically. Eventually you will end up with just water and the gold will have droped to the bottom if I my memory serves me. Seriously now, all I did Harold was asked you that pretty much if you are going to put sum effort into writing a response that maybe yo could not to lecture me but possibly offer an idea or solution and you personally insulted me by calling my concept stupid. And please dont flatter yourself thinking that I came to you "begging" for help. You chose to repsond to "my" post. You didnt respond to my post intentionaly to pick on me did you? I would hope not.
So no I did not start this nonsense childish bicker. So if you choose to ban me over me standing up for my idea and myself then Harold by all means pull the plug but doing so you would be violating my United States Constitutional right of the 1st Amendment, Freedom of Speech. But the more I think about it and write this, honestly I wont lose any sleep over it. Ive wasted enough of my time responeding to your ignorant and rude rebuttles. My apologies to everyone for my immature dialect and arguing but whats right is right and wrong is wrong*. And Harold you were in the wrong for insulting me and continuing to insult me even after I apologized. Nothing more nothing less, Actually Harold if your behavior and insults are any indication on how this website is operated and ran, then I want no part of it. For crying out loud the websites motto "Refiners helping one another" Harold I dont think your being very helpful.

*Unfortunately, this individual lacks the ability to discern right from wrong. As a result, he has had his wish fulfilled. He has been banned from the forum for his rudeness and inability to understand the simplest of replies.

Harold

Kic209,

I am a firm believer in the first amendment, however you are trying to apply it to something it was not intended for. If you were to go into one of this countries Founding Fathers homes and insulted him within it you would most likely have been shot, and he would have been considered justified in his actions.

Noxx owns this forum privately and has appointed several members as custodians/moderators, in short, you are in their house. The first amendment does not give anyone the right to go into another mans house and insult him or disobey the house rules. If you visit another mans house and can not abide by his rules you either have to change your behavior to accommodate him, or leave.

You were doing fine when you posted what seemed like an earnest apology on the 5th, everyone would have been fine and helped with other questions. Perhaps you felt you were still being snubbed since there were no further replies in this thread. That was not the case I am sure, it was just that there was nothing left to say as there were no further questions asked that accompanied your apology. All was settled and fine.

Now it is beyond me why after a week of no comments on this thread you would choose to stir up a hornets nest again taking issue with the man that you had just apologized to a week earlier. Did you not mean it? You could have simply asked a question about sulfuric stripping cells and you would have received help.

Instead of me spending time writing a post like this I could just as easily be writing to clarify for you what you are missing about sulfuric cells. I agree with Harold that the latter part of this thread is a good example to newcomers, you had attracted the attention of some of the most knowledgeable members here and chose to take issue with how they gave you the information you requested instead of learning from them. If you do not like the rules in another mans household you either choose to accommodate them, or you should leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back