Hey gem guys- your input please

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lou said:
Nice color on it, Jon.

But enough powder, let's play bar guessing game :)

Oh Lou!

Your wish is our command, give us a few days and get the whole job out and melted and we'll happily oblige :lol:

Lou said:
Nice color on it, Jon.

But enough powder, let's play bar guessing game :)

Winner gets it!

So in all seriousness Jon...do you inquart the jewelry or just run over it with a steam roller and digest it straight away in AR?

To qualify this, it has come from 2 buckets of borax flux from a large gold buyer, I guessed the weight at around 45 kilos, our job is to prove just how badly the refining big boys rip off their customers given half a chance... :shock:

nickvc said:
To qualify this, it has come from 2 buckets of borax flux from a large gold buyer, I guessed the weight at around 45 kilos, our job is to prove just how badly the refining big boys rip off their customers given half a chance... :shock:

Is this serious? As in straight up fraud?

Are they not chasing the prills, or is this the result of poor melting technique?

Holy smokes. Beautiful color guys!!!! Job very well done. I wanna see the bar or may I say brick or hell maybe block. Lol.. :G
And yea the world deserves to know the truth. Bless you guys for bringing it to light!!!!

It is like something we do. When we melt gold in grams or ounce at a time there will always be few specks left in melting dish. That guy melt probably tens of kilograms over some time so there is that many times more specks left in flux.
He know this and he sent this flux to refiner so gold can be recovered from it and probably felt like he is not getting what he expected to be there. So he sent it to somewhere else to find out how much they get out of it to compare to what he wass getting from other place.

To qualify this further the customer has already removed approximately 1 kilo of gold , we just have the dregs, I think he knew he was having his trousers pulled down but wanted to prove it beyond doubt with someone he could trust to do the job properly, that we are now trying to do to his and our satisfaction.
Once we have the time we will post about some of our processing and what we used to recover and refine this material.

Tndavid said:
Holy smokes. Beautiful color guys!!!! Job very well done. I wanna see the bar or may I say brick or hell maybe block. Lol.. :G
And yea the world deserves to know the truth. Bless you guys for bringing it to light!!!!

Thanks David - I should point out that this is the first drop from the recovery solution. It's cleaned well afterwards. You can get this from a first refine all the time if you're careful.

anachronism said:
Tndavid said:

Thanks David - I should point out that this is the first drop from the recovery solution. It's cleaned well afterwards. You can get this from a first refine all the time if you're careful.
Understood. Again. Nice job guys!

Jon, Nick.. That is just plain beautiful. 45kg of slags... Man, oh man... Incredible haul. Thank you guys for sharing. Gives the little hobby guys like me a taste of the big time!

Topher_osAUrus said:
Jon, Nick.. That is just plain beautiful. 45kg of slags... Man, oh man... Incredible haul. Thank you guys for sharing. Gives the little hobby guys like me a taste of the big time!
My thoughts exactly buddy. Motivation!!! Love it.

It's getting interesting. Lou here's a few bars coupled with today's takings.

Attachments

• Today.jpg
    Today.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 32
Back