Homemade plastic filters

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100 for a Litre of Nitric acid shouldn't really be a problem, that is only a few grams of gold, you will probably use about 50mL of the acid to recover and refine those few grams, so you will be left with 950mL of 'free' Nitric Acid.

If you don't have the initial $100, then mow some lawns for a few weekends, flip some burgers, do whatever. If you have decent E-waste, you can even sell that on Ebay and probably make more money than you would recovering the gold from it yourself anyway. Really, the time you spent poking holes in plastic would have been better spent doing a minimum wage job to get yourself set-up.

In terms of filters, I only recently for the first time tried a charmin plug + vacuum filter setup. What would have normally been about 2 days of filtering was done in 2 hours and solution was crystal clear. I just used a automotive brake-bleeding pump and had to give it a couple of squeezes every 15 minutes or so.

Man! Everytime you guys post a positive reply it gets my mind thinking of how I can work on and make what you guys recommend work for myself. Then seeing it just make all these blown out light bulbs in my brain light back up again haha. And great point on the studying part. Everyday I read something (either on the forum, Hoke's book, or another document somewhere) that I don't totally understand, but it still slowly sinks in. Just like when I was going through the final steps to the AP process. Certain things I've read or saw started to make sense and it "clicks" and then pow! Right in the kisser! Feels awesome! I appreciate the guidance! Was particularly awesome today when I finished the Hcl/Cl mix and filtered everything and got that pretty colored golden liquid sitting in the jar.

Back