How do you store your chemicals?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice video :D

The reason I wanted to leave is because I was surprised by what some people said here on the forum. And this a very chemistry-orientated forum so I didn't expect that. Also this is the first time someone had something against me because of things that I do (especially explosives). Everyone I know knows that I make things that go BOOM and support me in that. My chemistry teacher in the elementary school gave me all (when I was even younger, 13) those dangerous chemicals, a lot of my friends like to come at my place and then I show them how to make explosives and they also bring some chemicals they find. One of them also has a home lab with a lot of dangerous and explosive chemicals. Here in highschool also the chemistry teacher is very supportive and helped me may times. Even a cop knows what I do. Most of the adults I know have said they also liked to make loud BOOMs when they were younger. So I was surprised to see that at a place like this some people have something against it.

Silver,

I think these men have a good point. It doesn't seem like these are the type of experts who would misguide u . They are only trying to help u learn. if you truly want to do as you say and learn this trade then understand where they are coming from. I also wish you the best of luck in your new quest. Slow down and be willing to learn. Listen to others who are wiser that is how u benefit from knowledge.

Alex

Silver, what we are saying is that you need SAFETY while dealing with dangerous chemicals and refining stuff.

I'm not against making explosive if they are properly handled.

Listen to me kid, my nomex gloves saved my hands once from big fire ball and I was happy to wear them. Without them, my hand would have been completely burned. This is not a joke. And you must take warnings seriously.

The reason I wanted to leave is because I was surprised by what some people said here on the forum. And this a very chemistry-orientated forum so I didn't expect that.

Don't be surprised. These gentlemen here have practice their trade for many years. During this time they have seen the affects that these processes and chemicals can have. Even with the years of training we all still know that the possibility of an accident occurring is possible. It does not take but one time. You may have did the same process 100's of times with the same results, But their is always the chance that something can go wrong. It is when you start to feel to comfortable that the accidents usually occur. How would you like to lose an eye, or have your face disfigured, or worse yet lose your life. Think it can't happen to you ????
Well let me ask you this ? Do you think that other people who have been hurt ever thought it would happen to them either. Don't play with fate.

Also this is the first time someone had something against me because of things that I do (especially explosives). Everyone I know knows that I make things that go BOOM and support me in that.

We don't have anything against the fact that you practice chemistry, besides the fact of being reckless in some of your thinking. I to have done some stupid stunts in my younger days. A heck of a lot crazier that what you will probably ever do, but the point is looking back on it now i could kick myself in the **** for being so naive and stupid as to risk something so precious as my life or my sight.

My chemistry teacher in the elementary school gave me all (when I was even younger, 13) those dangerous chemicals, a lot of my friends like to come at my place and then I show them how to make explosives and they also bring some chemicals they find.

Yeah if you was my kid me and that chemistry teacher would have a serious problem.

One of them also has a home lab with a lot of dangerous and explosive chemicals. Here in high school also the chemistry teacher is very supportive and helped me may times. Even a cop knows what I do. Most of the adults I know have said they also liked to make loud BOOMs when they were younger. So I was surprised to see that at a place like this some people have something against it.

Sounds to me like your a pretty smart kid, just a little confused that people support you in some wrong things and the fact that you feel it is cool for all these people condone your conduct. Just because some misguided individual does not see the danger in what you were doing does not mean that danger does not exist. COP included.

I guess what i am trying to say is i know blowing stuff up is cool. But chemical processes are not something to be taken lightly. The world of gold refining is one of honor and prestige. The men who practice this art have to be one of honor and integrity. You have to learn respect for your colleague in order to be given respect. This is not a field of science that is taken lightly or half hearted. That respect also applies to safety also.

We don't mind you hanging out and asking questions, If you want to learn then that is just great that at such a young age you might be able to learn something that might change your life more than you will ever know.
But in order to get the respect you deserve you are going to have to stop doing that crazy behavior your doing and talking about and act a little more professional in your approach to certain situations. As a young man it will be hard for you to achieve that respect from your elders, but not impossible. Straighten up that mess you have and stop doing that reckless B.S. your doing and try and focus on a real profession or hobby.

Now i know you are only 14 and may not understand everything we are trying to explain to you, but I'm guessing your smart and will figure it out for the most part.

Not trying to jump down your throat, I'm just telling you the way someone should have done told you. If your serious about this learning a trade here is your chance. What you do with it is up to you.

:wink:

Silver said:
Also this is the first time someone had something against me because of things that I do (especially explosives).

You may not understand that here, in the US, that's illegal. You can be incarcerated for making explosives, or explosive devices. That's why you're meeting with serious resistance, aside from the aspect of safety.

Everyone I know knows that I make things that go BOOM and support me in that. My chemistry teacher in the elementary school gave me all (when I was even younger, 13) those dangerous chemicals

Here in the US, that would land him in prison. We have strict laws in regards to dangerous chemicals and explosives. Any adult that contributed to such behavior of a minor would be in more trouble than the minor.

Harold

--snipped by lazersteve---

That's enough on explosives... not for this forum.

Steve

Sliver,

If its all the same to you, please make that your last post concerning explosives.

There are plenty of other forums to discuss that topic on without posting it here.

Thank you,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back