How to clean stainless pan...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palladium said:
Maple! I'm with the Brits on this one!
Though we have Maple syrup, here in the South i'm a Sorghum syrup boy!
Love to sop me some biscuits!!!! :mrgreen:

Sorghum's always been my favorite, too. Butter and sorghum together are the best thing on biscuits, period. My grandparents had little saucers at the table where they premixed the butter and sorghum. When I was a kid, there were local sorghum stands out in the country, where you could buy it by the jug.

Maple syrup never turned me on - too thin. I sure like those maple candies in the shape of a maple leaf, though.

Ohhhhhh....... You had to remind me of the butter.

Memories!!!!!!
We had milk cows and i remember pouring milk from the pitcher on my cereal and i ALWAYS wanted the cream off the top! I don't think to many people know what real milk taste like now a days. I learned to milk a cow when i was about 8-9 years old. Most people don't even understand the saying "The cream rises to the top".

Hot cornbread and fresh cold milk!

I'm in dairy country, I can get all the raw milk I need and skim the cream. Also my own homemade maple syrup, which happens to be in the middle of a run!

At our church in the fall we have an oyster stew dinner, fresh oysters (they're not local) boiled in raw milk and biscuits with local honey. Good stuff!

When I was 6 maybe 7 I remember feeding the cane into the mule drawn crusher. I was the smallest, so I could fit under the draw arm with out stopping. The up side was the feed man could chew all the fresh sugar cane he wanted, about 50 yards away were the cooker's where my grandmother worked the pans. Once all the family cane had been worked the whole system, workers and all, hired out to the next farm to get their cane cooked off. Those were good times as all that hard worked seemed like fun and not work at all. And we always had fresh butter and milk. I can always recall my grandmother sitting by the fireplace, in her rocking chair, working a churn. Now I am hungry again, :lol:

Back