I really need help ( get silver from silver button batteries )

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palladium said:
Good morning sir. Sorry for the delay. The first hammer i used before i built one had a very small gap between the blades and the outer wall. The batteries were getting torn and shredded into little pieces to the point that i had to have a magnetic belt to remove the fine pieces of shredded metal. You don't want to crush or shred the batteries, you just want to crack them. It was causing me a whole lot more work than i needed. Their are some instances where you want that affect, but this is not one of them. All we are really trying to do is get to the powder inside with the least amount of chemicals, work, or trouble involved. Sort of like cooking an egg! We want the yoke inside, but the shell is worthless to us. We only want the hammer mill blades to crack the batteries open so we can get access to the silver inside. Think of hitting an egg with a baseball bat! For this application i guess the clearance between the blades and the wall could be any distance that you want as long as it doesn't shred it into fine pieces and the machine still performs as required.
Thanks a lot
That is very good. So I must make a heavy blade to crack them 8)
Also I don't need holes under the pipe and must cover them again

I think my last problem in making hammer mill will be dusts
Does this process have dust ? If yes I want to attach vacuum cleaner to may hammer mill
How do you deal with dusts?

Lino1406 said:
Use chemistry instead
Thanks but milling is better you can reduce acid consumption and recycle steels
I thinks it is cheaper than chemical method too

Anyway I made 70% of my hammer mill and spend my moneys. I must finish it

saadeat68 said:
Lino1406 said:
Use chemistry instead
Thanks but milling is better you can reduce acid consumption and recycle steels https://www.viewzi.com/male-extra-review-results the Male Extra I thinks it is cheaper than chemical method too

Don't start renting premises yet lol. The profits aren't as great as you'd think from these little batteries if you're doing it by hand.

Done. It crushes 90% of batteries in 5 min
Now I must find solutions for :

1- Dusts (maybe add a vacuum cleaner )
2- Crush 100% of batteries

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25588

It works but is not perfect
It doesn't mill all of batteries (maybe 10 or 20 percent remain )
Any idea?

saadat68 said:
Lino1406 said:
Use chemistry instead
Thanks but milling is better you can reduce acid consumption and recycle steels

10 to 20 percent left is not bad, at least I don't think it is. Did you find any solutions to get it to a 100%?

Hi
Yes minimum 20% is left
I don't think a hammer mill can mill 100% of batteries.
little charge and mill for longer time raise efficiently

saadat68 said:
Lino1406 said:
Use chemistry instead
Thanks but milling is better you can get v tight gel review reduce acid consumption and recycle steels

Don't start renting premises yet lol. The profits aren't as great as you'd think from these little batteries if you're doing it by hand.

Latest posts

Back