IC Gold - First Successful Try

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha well it's KINDA like that I guess without the scarey robot type nemesis guy appearing.....

Jon (spaceships),
It actually was the result of my second attempt at the time. the first (my very first try) was not good and the powder produced 4 little golden balls! I then tried my second attempt with little bb's, trying to spend more time in heating process with better focus of the torch's flame in the gold. It was nearly successful, as you see the result is in one piece!
-
I'll try to do better next time with both the recover & refine, and melting the powder.
Thanks for your attention and advises.

kuma,
:lol:
Thank you for the link!

Hi there all,
I'm back with an update!

It took almost two years of mine to reach this point!
This weird thing was the result of my very first try in recovering/refining & melting gold:

IC gold 1.74g.jpg

I was doing my homework (study) and involved in two separate processes lately: refining from 650 grams of fingers (mostly RAM) and the second one, Poor-Man AR of ceramic CPUs (35 Black MMX + 10 regular Ceramic CPU). The later one was a double process of recovering first, and refining the semi-black resulting powder.
At the end, I refined all the powders (and the old semi-melted piece) once more for utmost purity - The result is a 6.49 grams of beauty!

photo_2017-06-09_02-34-34.jpg

photo_2017-06-09_02-34-32.jpg

The goldsmith who melted my piece said it looks almost triple 9 to him (99/9 pure), but I'm not sure about that.

And one other thing: I find triple washing the powder with hot D-Water / HCL / D-Water right after precipitate as a charm. I saw it myself that there is a huge difference between three-times washing & only washing once or two times.

THANK YOU ALL for sharing the knowledge.

Fantastic mate, what a great result. Every atom of the hold you hold there was created when a massive star exploded millions of years ago, what a great feeling to hold a piece of that.

I like it, I can see the glowing gold color of Success.
I can see you have been busy studying, in my opinion, the education you have gained is just as much of that success, and just as valuable, if not much more valuable that that pretty hunk of gold from some massive star blowing its cork.

Very Nice!

IC's may be the hardest material to learn and it looks like you learned it well.

Glad to hear it from you, butcher. I appreciate every bit of the lil knowledge I have gained from here.
Thank you!
-
Thanks, Shark.
Yeah; I still have a little above a kilogram of ICs (mostly thin ones from RAM) but I feel kind of lazy to do them! It takes a lot of time and energy, but fun as well (If doing all for hobby).

Back