Inquartation necessary?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saadat68 said:
Hi
Can we dissolve 14, 18 or ... Karat yellow gold directly in AR without any gold loss? Yes I Know inquartation is a must in these situations but I just want to know what happen?
Does silver chloride cause to loss some gold or we can dissolve all of golds finally with just more work and more time?

Thanks

Excuses me for asking however do you actually understand what you've written here or is there some loss in translation going on?

"In the body of this thread and many other threads the answers to your questions lie."

You must be reading these 9 year old threads before re opening them I guess and in many cases your questions have been answered already.

anachronism
Thanks for your comment and I am sorry for my bad English

I read this topic before, I just try to post in a related topic

I ask my question otherwise in this topic

https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19777&p=292071#p292071

Inquartation in recommended but not absolutely necessary. 14K and higher will dissolve in AR but will eventually come to a point where silver chloride will stop the dissolution. Prodding or other mechanical agitation will dislodge the crust of AgCl letting the acid under the crust. If the action stops completely, decant the solution from the remaining solids and dry the solids. Drying will cause the AgCl to break and fall off. Return the solids back to the solution and continue the dissolution. You may have to repeat this several times to fully dissolve the gold. Loss of gold will be minimal depending on attention to detail and expertise of the refiner.

Back