Large Gold Stripping Cell -2lbs at a time.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GSP

It was a perforated basket with a solid disc which was the anode connection at the bottom so no dangler was required. It sat in a tank which was heated and the barrel could be lifted out by cranking it up on a lift. Actually it was a lot like the DIY miniature posted by Palladium. I used carbon cathodes and cyanide as an electrolyte.

Noble,

Checking into Tungsten, as a possible alternative to Stainless. This could be too costly to provide to forum members, however, a free prototype to you, and myself, could be interesting. Looking into several suppliers right now, will have samples sent to work.

Talk to ya soon,
Nick

Nick,

Tungsten is neat stuff, but probably not needed. What part are you thinking of using the tungsten for? Couldn't graphite or carbon be used instead.

Also, don't forget (I think) lead works fine with sulfuric acid when it's not very dilute. They used to make sulfuric acid in lead tanks.

Steve

Noble,

Tungsten Basket and axle rod. (W) is non-reactive with sulphuric, and could be used to make the "intimate contact with the pins without being put into solution. It is highly conductive as well. Lead would be used for the cathode/cathodes. I'm not sure the tungsten would be expesive as they offer very thin foils which may be perfect.

Cheers,
Nick

Back