Larger tilting furnace

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it. I was right but I thought I was wrong. LOL

Thanks

"Laid out is a verb phrase that means sprawled or arranged, depending on context. Layed out is a misspelling due to an incorrect conjugation of the verb lay. In short, Laid out is correct. Layed out is an error."

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

What do you plan to lubricate the moving parts with, especially those nearest the heated parts?

Shark said:
What do you plan to lubricate the moving parts with, especially those nearest the heated parts?
I use some high temp bushings in some areas and high temp lubricant in areas I can shield or not in a high heat area. (Basically graphite with a carrier solvent) The hoses and wires are shielded with a material called Refrasil. The gas lines are corrugated steel with a braided steel sheath.

I will get some video as the project progresses.

I have quite a lot of dry graphite lubricant on hand, I just never thought it would stand up to heat very well. Looking forward to the new updates as well.

I know it has been awhile. Been on a few other irons in the fire. Should have paint and assemble done this week. Install hydraulics and electrical next. The test hydraulics and test fire burner.

After that new refractory and install the crucible. EXCITED!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MDqot3EyKG5B9DNe8

Here is a couple of photos of the bucket rotor motor assembly. It reduces the speed down to 22 RPM from a 1725 RPM 2 horse motor.

Motor from Harbor freight - 175.00.
Pully(s), shafts, belts and hardware from Tractor supply - 87.50. Steel plate and tubing - 20.00 from scrap yard. (Lots left over) Not having to blend the charge with the flux manually - priceless. LOL
155e5f58f524628739fb9a9439ab7a9e.jpg
1f5e3652b575c06cd21201d2b9c977ef.jpg

g_axelsson said:
This is turning into a reality show! Keep 'em coming! :D

Göran

This is much better- reality shows are full of no marks being horrid. This has purpose. 8) 8)

Here is another update. I have never lined a furnace before so I decided to build from scratch a "smaller" tilt furnace.

Some of you may recall that I put together a quick tilt furnace that holds a number 16 crucible so I could work out some design fundamentals.

Now I took the stand from that furnace and modified it to carry a medium sized tilt furnace so I can work out the process of lining a furnace with refractory before I re line the larger tilting furnace.

I will share that process here as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eSknDso1QzJEKCWz8

Back