low grade Computer connecter pins.. 20 Lbs+

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youngmogul said:
Its not the idea of "faking" the pins... And the amount of money someone has is irrelevant. Let me ask a question, What would be the difference in me electroplating pins then selling them for what the market will bear, and another guy selling them without giving any knowledge about them other than they came from a computer? Just because I took the added step in re-plating them, ADDING GOLD TO THEM, before I sold them, How am I now "unethical"?

I am not deceiving ANYONE. Its clearly stated on numerous places on the forum that pins bear different amounts of gold. Just because I take some not so shiny ones, and make them shine more...

Have you never bought a crummy looking car from a private owner, then cleaned it up a bit, then re-sold it for a profit? SAME THING
Bought a struggling business, turned it around, then sold it for a profit? SAME THING
Bought a house that looked like crap, fixed it then flipped it? SAME THING

All the things mentioned have the same theory, an item was sold for a profit, because someone had the skill-set required to "guild" the item while it was in their possession.

Being your moral compass seems broke.

1.) When you cleaned up that crummy car did you roll the odometer back to make it appear to be better than it was?

2.) When you fixed up that house did you slap up some cheap paneling over the termite damage to make it appear to have no problems?

3.) Do you re-label horse meat to make it appear to be premium beef?

By altering the appearance of these pins it's nothing but theft by deception.

By the same perverse logic one shouldn't have a problem stamping plated brass rings 10k. After all the buyer ought to know better right?

If you were able to pull this caper off, the idea that you would be somehow be providing a service to your victims is nothing but a rationalization of criminal intent.

You don't really believe this is an honerable thing to do, do you?

I agee,would rather be poor, than rich from decieving people.

if you can plate that well, why not just make an honest living doing it.
if your bussiness is to help people, the bussiness will do well, if it is a bussiness to take or decieve people it will not do well,(and if by chance it does well you will not do well) grave yards are full of rich miserable men, and happy poormen.

Leave him alone. Mr. Youngmogul must find out for himself what
we all know to be true.

BE TRUE IN ALL YOU DO!!

In the year plus that I have been on this forum, this is what I know.
Many come and many go - the lure of "easy gold" brings them in and the
hard work required for refining sends them packing. The ones who
come with the know it all attitude are the ones the moderators here
will normally have to banish and send them packing.

The jury is still out on Mr. Youngmogul. Perhaps he will surprise us all?

glorycloud said:
.............Many come and many go - the lure of "easy gold" brings them in and the
hard work required for refining sends them packing...................

I could not express that better. I am following this thread as his bussines idea is exactly the same type of CAPITALISM -his expression even with caps on... which throw us into this economic chaos and misery we are in now... That is exactly the same what bankers did with all of us... Cheap plating on worthless items...

patnor1011 said:
glorycloud said:
.............Many come and many go - the lure of "easy gold" brings them in and the
hard work required for refining sends them packing...................

I could not express that better. I am following this thread as his bussines idea is exactly the same type of CAPITALISM -his expression even with caps on... which throw us into this economic chaos and misery we are in now... That is exactly the same what bankers did with all of us... Cheap plating on worthless items...

All that glitters is not gold. I agree.

I dont post verry often. But why is this thief in wolfs clothing even here? This is, if i am not mistaken a forum to learn or improve refining skills. All he wants to do is polish a turd and then sell it to someone who cant smell it. He ought to stick to selling those lemons, er, a, wonderfully cleaned used cars.... You want some bondo on that organic beef patty?

I'm sorry (to the other forum members)if that was rude of me. I just cant stand people who think its o.k. to deceive others just to make a buck. I have even quit a job before so I would not be associated with people like that. Youngmogul, you need a role model.

Yikes. My first time here, my first post, and this is only the second thread I've read in my first few minutes on this site.

As far as I can see, the individual in question is either a legitimate sociopath, or has learned behavior that closely resembles those of a sociopath. (Sometimes the line is slightly blurred between those two options)

I didnt even know exactly what a sociopath was, until I read up on it after knowing a couple of them. Once you know one, they become far easier to spot. There are many common traits.

There is a great book called "Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us", and a few others as well. While not specifically about sociopaths, it does explain them, and their differences from the much worse condition, psychopaths. The doctor who wrote it, believes (if memory serves) sociopaths make up 2-5% of the population. That’s a pretty big number. They lie, cheat, steal, and then sleep like babies. Apparently, it isnt just a bad name to call someone who is dishonest, it's a real genetic condition. They literally have no conscience. And are often highly successful, highly driven, and highly efficient people. "Movers and shakers", "go getters", and many other positive-sounding traits are associated with some of them. They certainly arent lazy. They are, according to Dr. Hare: cops, politicians, business owners, CEO's, the list goes on. They are perfectly suited towards "doing whatever is necessary" in order to get ahead, which is why they are supposedly found in such high positions. The main difference between the sociopaths who ascend to great heights and common criminals is their intelligence and upbringing. But the actual genetic condition is the same.

Also interesting, the sociopath often has no idea they are a sociopath. This is just "business as usual" for them. They are not highly introspective, it's all about success and moving forward. Sadly...it's usually at the expense of others. Ever wonder why MOST Italians living in NY at the turn of the previous century werent involved in the Mafia? (just the first example which popped into my head, there are many more)

Most people cannot actively take advantage of another person without there being strong psychological consequences. But that is where the sociopath excels.

There are far more of them then I thought, and much of what you read shines a bright light on people you've known in your past, long before you knew there was such a condition. After I read that book, I was constantly recalling specific incidents with an understanding I wished I'd had back then. Wish I knew then, what I know now. The signs are always there. But most people, me included, just didnt now what to look for.

Anyway, after even a tiny amount of research, spotting them is far easier then you'd think. Their MO is incredibly consistent from person to person. Even some of the things they say is similar. The ones I've known in the past might not have been CEO's or politicians, but they were so similar to the guy in question on this thread that I immediately saw a similarity. The ones I knew were also multi-business owners, unethical, and....well....without conscience.

I am all too familiar with that behavior, having an older brother that fits the description perfectly. I have long said that when a situation serves his needs, there's no price too great for others to pay, and he's mystified that you find anything of that nature distasteful. After all, it was good for him!

No, we don't speak to one another.

Harold

The funny thing about a guy like this (in a very sad sort of way) is that if someone did to him - what he intends to do to others - he would get mad as hell & call the person a dirty rotten lieing, cheating, stealing, decieving, manipulating SOB --- & yet he finds it OK to do it to other ????

I like the way way John Wyne put it in the movie The Shootist when he says - "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted & I won't be a hand layed on - I don't do those things to others & I expect the same from them.

Kurt

3fingers---

I think your "first post" was an exceptionally excellent one.

Due to the subject of this particular forum, it seems to be a magnet for scammers, even though it's the last place in the World that anyone would have a chance of getting away with something concerning precious metals! It amazes me that they even try it here. But they do.

And because of the good nature of the people (who last) on this board, suspicious new members are often given several chances to make their intentions clear.

I think your pointing out of the common traits, and the number of those types that are out there, is very beneficial, and not only for forum use!

One additional thing that I have noticed, which is an indicator of these types, is that they always think "backwards." They intend and do, the opposite of what would be best. But they are aware that if they directly divulge their intentions, that it will result in trouble for them, so they always try to immitate the actions and reasoning of the other 95% -- 98% of the population, but they never can totally pull it off. So when certain people are seen to be continually doing things which don't make sense, if they are observed more closely, more confirming indicators might show up. Compulsive lying, perversion, and the preference to harm, rather than help, are all merely symptoms of what seems to boil down to this one thing in common---I guess you could call it "backward drive," or something to that effect.

What you wrote makes this phenomenon very understandable. It seems like many honest folks have a hard time accepting that there actually are such totally evil people out there! It's sad say, and sad that they do exist, but there it is....

Again, thanks for posting!

Back