Low yield processors for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh thanks for that, I appreciate the insight, and I suspected you had first hand knowledge of the operations over here.

Jon

On the other hand when I think about it again and with recent Volkswagen scandal perhaps environmental regulations in USA may in fact be stronger than in EU. When they bother to go in such lengths with just car exhaust one must wonder what might be hidden in other places...

patnor1011 said:
On the other hand when I think about it again and with recent Volkswagen scam perhaps environmental regulations in USA may in fact be stronger than in EU. When they bother to go in such lengths with just car exhaust one must wonder what might be hidden in other places...

Really? With the gas guzzling cars they drive over there that is just funny Pat. 8)

Dunno. Perhaps some things may be stricter some not... It is just too many different regulations and such to be able to make easy comparison.
http://epi.yale.edu./country-rankings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_Performance_Index

One thing is a fact, CPU and electronic waste in general can be sold for higher price on our side of atlantic. :mrgreen:

spaceships said:
patnor1011 said:
On the other hand when I think about it again and with recent Volkswagen scam perhaps environmental regulations in USA may in fact be stronger than in EU. When they bother to go in such lengths with just car exhaust one must wonder what might be hidden in other places...

Really? With the gas guzzling cars they drive over there that is just funny Pat. 8)

We live in the land of excess and waste. :p

I am referring to air quality index because when you are smelting e-scrap that is the issue. The limits in the US are stringent, maybe more than Europe but not necessarily on all parameters. The links that Patnor has posted show the results of the new, stricter limits in all nations.

The interesting comparisons on the list (first link) considers 8 or 9 different indices to come up with an overall position on the list. For air quality the US does better than Italy (where the fume scrubbers I referred to are made) but Sweden does better than the US. These results are recent, if you saw the plume in the smelter in Sweden that I saw 35 years ago you will realize (as I just did from the data) they have come a long way.

The US has also come a long way in cleaning up our own environmental woes, and that progress has been the most substantial in the industries that were the worst offenders. Some shut down, or were shut down by the government, and some invested in new technology to remain in business. For as long as I have been in the business, the largest smelters have been in Europe. The fact that they still exist today is due to their ability to comply with increasingly strict air quality standards and remain competitive.

As far as e-waste being worth more on the East side of the pond, I think it is all a matter of location. The best pricing available in any area sets the bar for what everyone charges and to be competitive, everyone who wants to grow falls in line. In Europe, where the stuff is ultimately processed (in most instances) the price is higher so any middle-men in Europe also pay higher. Heck, I pay $6 for 2 eggs up and coffee in NYC and it's only $3.50 at home. Location, location, location.

4metals said:
For air quality the US does better than Italy (where the fume scrubbers I referred to are made) but Sweden does better than the US. These results are recent, if you saw the plume in the smelter in Sweden that I saw 35 years ago you will realize (as I just did from the data) they have come a long way.
Back in the 70'es the Rönnskär smelter was a bad place to work at. They even had a medical condition named after the smelter, Rönnskärsnäsa, or in English, Rönnskär's nose. It was the arsenic in the air that combined with moisture in your nose and slowly dissolved the cartilage in your nose so it collapsed. :shock:

They have come a long way since then and a couple of years ago they actually rebuilt the smelter under full production. They built a new house over the old smelter, then dismantled the old house using the 250 ton crane in the new one.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11837-000-0169-y

I visited the plant a year ago on a guided tour.
http://www.wsp-pb.com/en/What-we-do/Project-Case-Studies/Ronnskar-Smelter-/

Göran

In the US if a company had the same situation of it's employees suffering from Rönnskär's nose, the company would be shut down and been fined to the point that most would choose to not go on in business. Sweden's perseverance, has resulted in a state of the art facility and better air quality for its citizens without losing a bunch of jobs. (Oh Oh, I'm starting to sound like Trump, better shut up!)

Well if there are any Europeans willing to pay more than 4/lb for these Pentium 4 Processors and cover the shipping for 100lbs, please speak up lol.

Back