Might be the best one yet

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I talked with Kevin kadiver
I posted a frantic message on one of his videos on YouTube and he got back to me quick
He said wait he understood it was there is a problem with the DNS server and knox couldn't be found anywhere

I was going to separate my sediment from the liquid and try to drop my au with hot h20/hcl and then just wash the hell out of it like Hoke describes
I have been waiting so long for an answer I started reading again lol... Technology really does suck sometimes

Hope everything and everyone is good
Steyr223 rob

So .....
I separated my sediment from the liquid
As for the sediment:

Hot hcl did nothing
Hot h2o did nothing
Cold hcl did nothing
Cold h20 did nothing
I Decided to put the sediment back into solution so added bleach
At first the sediment did nothing even though the liquid turned very bright yellow.
After 30 seconds I turned the container over and all the sediment instantly dissolved.
2 mins later and it's getting fluffy to thick white sediment forming.( Silver yes)
I should be able to let settle and pour of the solution and drop the last of my gold
Should I add salt first
After testing I should be able to toss the sediment

The rest of my solution I had to split into 3 64oz
Bottles and dropped with 7 grams of
smb and 2 times water
Clear to black within 2 minutes

As a side note I used almost 30 ounces of bleach in the total of 64 ounces of solution
I let sit for at the most 4 hours on a 70 degree cloudy day .
What I'm getting at is it's not how much bleach you put in that needs to come out but the actuall chlorine itself which really isn't a quantity you can measure with out a lab .
Thanks steyr223 rob
PS I still have absolutely no idea what I am talking about so please correct me where I'm wrong for everyone's sake:)

Attachments

• IMG_20180601_192750.jpg
    IMG_20180601_192750.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 206
Hi I everyone
Hope you are all good in the head today

So I melted a 4.5 gram nugget ,all went well but I still had about 300ml of gold bearing solution with the sediment
I filtered the best I could (sediment was clogging filter )
Of course I decanted of the top only to add the sediment to the very last pour.
Since I had already let it sit for a while in the sun I decided to filter and drop (Charmin plug) the first filter was 3 coffee filters (as always I add hcl to what ever filter I have ran auric chloride through until a drop from the filtered solution test negative with stannous )

Not very impressive , no turning black, 10 min later it was already collected at the bottom ...I have had this before

Long story short 6 grams total
IMG_20180605_191207.jpg
I was absolutely amazed that 4.5 grams came from about 5400mls of solution and 1.5 grams came from 300mls.
Thanks I will continue to keep the updates coming so as everyone can learn something.
Steyr223 rob

Hello
My new load was 18 lbs of mixed gold filled, gold. Plated and other stuff (not sure what to call it)

If I put a tourch to a piece of jewelry and tin or what we call pop metal( not sure looks like lead but not as heavy) literally drains out of the shell
Is this gold filled.....I mean do they make gold filled with lead or tin

This brings me to another question
How much lead in my a/p is to much ,I know u can convert it to a chlorate and it comes out in the filter
But there has to be a point where it would start causing problems

I have 10 gallons of hcl with a cup of my old a/p added in a 55 gallon container,
I have added 8.5 lbs of jewelry to the solution mostly the good stuff not the tin lead stuff

I have been searching for a while and most of the info is with nitric not a/p
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks steyr223 rob

PS I do know that tin is bad all the way around in any solution except the sulfuric cell

I don't know that there's a rule about what the base metal in gold filled can be. I suppose it can be any metal. As far as the lead in you solution, add a little sulfuric acid. If you see a cloud form, let it settle and add a little more. Keep adding small amount until no more white cloud forms. The cloud is lead sulfate.

Thanks geo
Geo said" As far as the lead in you solution,"

Just to make sure we're on the same page you do me my auric chloride as it would be difficult to see the cloud in a,/ p

Also that would be before I filter or directly after dissolution my gold, that's the same time the ice goes in or does it take its place

Thanks steyr223 rob
PS if anybody could point me in some good "silver and A/P" reading that would be awesome as most of what I read is on silver nitrate from nitric acid, or is it somehow silver nitrate in a/p also.

Either solution. If it is a HCl solution, and lead is dissolved in it, sulfuric acid will precipitate it out of solution. And it will not be detrimental to the AP solution.

Silver does not dissolve well in AP. It passivates with a crust of silver chloride. The crust is very thin and accounts for a minuscule amount of the overall weight. So silver should be all but uneffected by AP solution.

Back