New fume scrubber design

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butcher said:
There is not really that much difference between an air compressor and a vacuum pump, except maybe which end of the machine the hose is being used on, being on the end that sucks instead of blows.

You can build a simple homemade vacuum pump, using a barrel of water with a spout or bung, one at the top and one on the bottom of the barrel, the bottom valve is to let water out of the barrel, the valve at the top of the barrel is used to fill the barrel with water or for the vacuum hose attachment.

From this closed barrel full of water, opening the bottom valve the water drains from the barrel by gravity, the barrel being closed begins to pull a vacuum from the top valve, a hose attached to the top valve becomes a suction source or vacuum, this vacuum will continue as long as there is water being drained from the main barrel

by using another barrel that can act as a receiver or storage container for the water to drain into from the first (vacuum barrel), and you can then reuse the water from this second barrel to re-fill the first working vacuum barrel, you can use a pump or just transfer the water or just transfer the water by hand from the receiver barrel back into the main vacuum barrel.

Martijin thanks. I did massage to supplier and he was nable to provide any info.

Thanks butcher , i will check today as you said and inform you. For fume hood i use phildig design with 7 cfm vaccume pump.

I was building a furnance to maximum 600 tamp.
The furnance has it own saperate outlet. But fumes from crucibles are to be scrub.
Fumes from the crucbles are corrosive . Looking to push fumes inside scrubbing liqued and the pass from a paked tower. Looking to use one already shown pum for mixing gases from furnance and a saperate pump in pcked tower.

Back