New Member from Tennessee

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyderconsulting

Hello! My name is Chris Hyder and I live in Cleveland, TN about 20 miles north of Chattanooga. I'm a Chemist. I got a B.S. in Chemistry from UTC in 1979. Worked in specialty chemicals field as an analytical chemist for many years. Last few years worked as an engineer's aide in the metal coatings field and got exposed to precious metals recycling in a round about way from there. I'll explain that sometime. Currently I've got my own business called Hyder Consulting & Recycling. What I do mostly is pickup scrap electronics and metals to dismantle and recycle. I get in computers and related electronics and dismantle them down to basic parts and circuit boards and so on. I sell the cleaned up boards, connector ends, copper transformers, eproms, SIMMs and so on to a specialty recycler in Trenton, GA. The CPU's I sell usually on ebay. All the other scrap metals such as steel, brass, copper wiring I sell locally to the scrap yards. I do not do any refining but I'm working toward that. I have done some experimenting in the lab with AR and other things so I have a little working knowledge of it. I wouldn't even call myself a novice in this area to be honest. Where my strong points are would be in the recycling of metals of all types in general, how to dismantle electronics to get the most out of them, and how to find electronic scrap in quantity. I never have a problem finding plenty computers to take apart. Never! Today I got a call from a school system wanting to know if I wanted over 500 pieces of computer equipment. I turned them down and sent them to a friend of mine looking for stuff to work on. I couldn't handle the number at this time. I do a few other things also. I do some technical writing work. I have just written a short book called "The Layman's Guide to Recycling Scrap Metals" and have sold a few copies already. I work with a local company recycling used military and aircraft parts. I get 25% of what they send to the recycling bin and yes there will be some precious metal bearing equipment in this. I also sell some used electronic equipment and parts on ebay regularly. I'm fascinated by all the info available in this forum. All the members are knowledgeable and very helpful to everyone. I've been studying the forum from one end to the next to learn everything. I have a lot of questions to ask about precious metal recovery and refining and I hope to be able to help people also when I can with their questions. On a personal note I'm married to my beautiful wife, Susan, an original California redhead. She is an RN specializing in critical care. We have dairy goats and ducks on our farm as a hobby. We are both retired volunteer firefighters. She is active in the Civil Air Patrol which is the Air Force Auxilary rescue service for downed and missing aircraft. I serve on the executive committee of the Chattnooga Section of the American Chemical Society. I hope again that I can be of service to the members of the forum. Regards, Chris.

Dude,

That is killer. Now here's a man who has got some imput. Welcome to the forum chris. Glad to have you. Sounds like you got it going on.

Good old cleveland tennessee. I'm not to far. B'ham, al.
I love that interduction to. The guys will be around. Jump in when your ready.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hey Chris,

Great to have you on the forum.

Remember me from the recyclebiz forum? My screenname was "Chris Owen". I would also like to get "Reality" on here also. I assume he's still in Brazil. Do you have his email? If so, please PM me.

Chris

Thanks for the reply, Ralph. I did some consulting work a few years back in Birmingham teaching engineers how to do lab chemistry at a galvanizing plant. I enjoyed working there for the Alabamans were very courteous and businesslike and to be frankly honest more so than people here in Tennessee.

Chris, I don't have Reality's email. I'm not sure if I ever emailed him on the Recyclebiz forum site. I did read all your posts there on Recyclebiz for they were very informative. I sort of gave up on keeping up posts there for I couldn't keep any momentum going on anything I could come up with. I appreciate your welcome here on this forum. I found this one thru Treasurenet.com where I started recently posting in the scrap metals section of it. It is very active and like here the members are helpful, interesting, not bashfull, and give and take very well. Regards, Chris Hyder.

Back