Not sure if this falls under chemistry or not

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksmasher39

Basically, my boyfriend and me trim trees,cut.and remove stumps etc. We are.kinda bearly starting out so we dont have a dumptruck.yet. one day we trimmed a palm tree and I was left with no choice but to stuff all the dry palm fronds and dry leaves,etc into.my suv and take it home. One.of these.days it.was very cold so I dwxidecided to make a bonfire and burn the fronds. The next morning all that was.left were.black wet.ashes and alot of what looked like."flour.gold", it looked.like glitter there.waas.alot but all.mixed.with the dirt. Is that gold and did it.come.from the palm?

Basically, my boyfriend and me trim trees,cut.and remove stumps etc. We are.kinda bearly starting out so we dont have a dumptruck.yet. one day we trimmed a palm tree and I was left with no choice but to stuff all the dry palm fronds and dry leaves,etc into.my suv and take it home. One.of these.days it.was very cold so I dwxidecided to make a bonfire and burn the fronds. The next morning all that was.left were.black wet.ashes and alot of what looked like."flour.gold", it looked.like glitter there.waas.alot but all.mixed.with the dirt. Is that gold and did it.come.from the palm?
Please do not use all bold or all caps text, it is considered shouting and rude.
For all of our benefit it would be nice if you manage to sort out your punctuation.
Everything is easier to read then.

Regarding your problem, we really can not say without testing.
Take what you suspect might be Gold and try to pan it.
If you manage to separate it try to squish it between some metal spoons or similar.
If it crushes it is not Gold if it smears it might be Gold

Please do not use all bold or all caps text, it is considered shouting and rude.
For all of our benefit it would be nice if you manage to sort out your punctuation.
Everything is easier to read then.

Regarding your problem, we really can not say without testing.
Take what you suspect might be Gold and try to pan it.
If you manage to separate it try to squish it between some metal spoons or similar.
If it crushes it is not Gold if it smears it might be Gold
Thank you for your suggestion. I will sort out my punctuation. As far as panning it, I will try but its so fine and mixed in with the dirt, which is more like clayish, not sandy, and very hard to separate.

Pan with water slowly. A quality picture would be nice too, unlikely it is gold tho.

I'm quite sure this does not fall under chemistry, or refining for that matter.

There are no known plants that take up and concentrate gold from the soil. If I had to guess, I would say what you saw was crystallized sap which glistened in the sunlight. Your question might best be answered by searching the internet for plants that extract gold from the soil.

Latest posts

Back